Tony Harvey: The face behind the scoreboard
Tessa TuatiniApril 26, 2024

Those who attend the many sporting events here may not think about the work behind the scoreboard. However, behind the ever-changing numbers...

Bowl from Juice Girl, topped with sweet fruit and coconut flakes
Exploring the Açai scene: A taste of Marins’ most popular spots
Hilah Brekhus-LavinskyApril 26, 2024

After the brutal loss of Corte Madera’s Ohana Açaí Cafe, students desperately search for the next best option to satisfy their intense açaí...

Bikers and pedestrians unable to cross the bridge look out at the rare sight of no cars on the south-bound road
Pro-Palestine protests cause four-hour halt on Golden Gate Bridge

On Monday, April 15, the lives of travelers on the Golden Gate Bridge were put on pause when a pro-Palestine protest blocked access to the bridge....

Boys’ and girls’ basketball teams qualify for NCS

The North Coast Section Basketball Playoff brackets were announced today and both the boys’ and girls’ varsity squads earned berths in the Division II tournament.

The varsity boys’ team earned the ninth seed and the varsity girls’ team earned the seventh seed in their respective brackets.

The boys’ will travel to face Casa Grande High School at 6:30 p.m on Tuesday. The winner of the game will face the winner of No. 1 Montgomery vs. No. 16 Arroyo.

“We are just grateful we got a bid to play in this tournament and hopefully put a dent in it by upsetting some teams in our path,” team captain Nick Tarantino said. “The seed really doesn’t matter to [the team], we will fight with what we have.”

Tarantino also said that Casa Grande plays with a similar style to Redwood which could make it a close game.

The girls’ will host Ukiah High School at 7:00 p.m at Redwood. The winner of the game will face the winner of No. 2 Windsor vs. No. 15 Mt. Eden.

“It is exciting to be in the top 10 of NCS and even more exciting to have a home game. It’s been a long time since we’ve gotten that high of a seeding and my team has definitely worked hard to earn that spot,” third year varsity player Sally Elton said. “I am confident in my team’s ability against Ukiah because we have been playing extremely well together and really want to go far in NCS.”