Twelve seniors were presented with awards to recognize their commitment to being outstanding high school athletes (Photo by Zoe Gister).
Redwood senior athletes recognized in new venue celebration
Charlotte LacyMay 30, 2024

On May 20, senior athletes, parents and coaches gathered at Sam’s Anchor Cafe in Tiburon to recognize and celebrate the seniors committed...

Smiling and holding their floats, seniors make the most of their lunch.
Seniors stay a-float for senior week
Hannah HerbstMay 29, 2024

On Tuesday, May 28, after a long Memorial Day Weekend and with only twelve more academic days left of school, leadership kicked off Senior...

Boys’ varsity baseball marks history with first-ever state playoff victory
Will ParsonsMay 29, 2024

On May 28, the Giants’ varsity baseball team took on the Carmel Padres in the first Norcal state playoff game in the program’s history. The...

Boys’ varsity baseball cements themselves in first place with 5-0 victory over Tam

On Friday, April 19, the boys’ varsity baseball team faced off against the Tamalpais (Tam) Hawks as they entered the final stretch of the season. The game marked the second matchup of the year between the two teams, as the Giants had previously defeated the Hawks 9-2 three days prior. Star senior and University of California, Los Angeles commit Rex Solle was slated to pitch on the mound in his seventh start of the season, and he did not disappoint. He opened the game by retiring all three batters he faced, striking out two of them. As Redwood came up in the first inning, they were able to jump ahead thanks to a two-run single by sophomore Jack Moseley. As the first inning came to a close, Redwood held a 3-0 lead over Tam. This lead proved to be too difficult to overcome for the Hawks, who struggled mightily against Solle. In his five-inning outing, he allowed just two hits and walked no batters while striking out eight. The Giants’ offense was rather sluggish besides their early scoring frenzy; however, in the 4th inning, a bunt by freshman Chase Johnson, followed by an errant throw by the Tam catcher, allowed two more runs to come across, extending the lead to 5-0. The final two innings were closed out by junior Matthew Knauer and senior Chas Veley, who both struck out two batters in their respective innings. With the win, the Giants improved to an impressive 17-2 record while clinching their top spot in the Marin County Athletic League (MCAL). Redwood’s next game is on April 23 versus the Sonoma Valley Dragons in Sonoma. The Giants look to finish their season strong and prepare for the postseason.