Redwood drama comes together for the One Act Festival
Gabriella Rouas, • April 27, 2024

On April 27 at 7 p.m., the drama department will come together to showcase the hard work and skills they have learned to the broader community...

A dough-licious journey: Donut Shops of Marin
Jackson Gurvich and Luke TemperoApril 27, 2024

Nothing is better than starting your day with a donut from your local donut shop. Marin County has many great donut establishments that...

The strings on Congressman Jared Huffman’s racket break as he returns a serve from senior Jackson Sichel.
Congressman Jared Huffman visits boys’ varsity tennis practice after MCAL championship
Matthew KnauerApril 27, 2024

The boys’ varsity tennis team has enjoyed an eventful past two weeks. On Wednesday, April 17, they beat the Archie Williams Falcons 7-0...

Redwood spikes victory over Tam High in varsity volleyball showdown

On Sept. 22, girls’ varsity volleyball struck a 3-1 win against their long-standing rival, Tam High School. The game displayed the immense skills of both teams as they held up strong defenses, keeping the set score nearly tied throughout.

Gathering mid-court, the players strategize their next offensive play

With her impressive saves, junior libero Ella Moran was content with the result and the way her team played. “I think we maintained our energy the whole time, [and it] really contributed to this win,” Moran said.

Having energy was a largely important factor for this game as the sets carried many suspenseful, long points. The first set went to Redwood with a close score of 25-20. A strong total of 15 kills from freshman Madeline Wagner collected a number of points for the team. Rolling into the second set, Tam took the victory with a slippery score of 23-25. Despite the strong saves from Moran, Tam’s offense was alert and ready with a powerful kill from junior Natalie Stanford taking the game into its third set.

Having energy was a largely important factor for this game as the sets carried many suspense

Despite this loss, Redwood continued maintaining their confidence, pulling a win of 25-16 in the third set.

“[Volleyball] is one of those sports that you have to be really dependent on the team and I love that environment,” said junior Hanna Smith. “I think even when the score doesn’t go the way we think, we can manage to pull through and come together as a team.”

After a long rally, freshman Madeleine Wagner prepares to end the point with a kill

As Redwood led with two sets to one, things got steep for Tam as the Giants needed only one set to take the win.

The Hawks put up a fight, pushing the score to 24-24, but they were ultimately unsuccessful in defeating the dominant offensive play from the Giants. Senior outside hitter Jaden Hendrickson secured a total of 22 kills throughout the game, displaying her impressive skills at the net.

“We went into this game really wanting to beat Tam and it’s super exciting that we got that result, it was a pretty big game for us,” said Smith.

On Sept. 29, girls varsity volleyball will hold Senior night at home, facing Archie Williams.