Illustration by Charlotte Wilson
Student Phones: Addictive by Design
Elle WilsonMay 2, 2024

After a long day of school and a tiring field hockey practice, I arrive home. I have a test tomorrow and a pile of homework waiting for me....

Freshman Haley Boyarski extends her arms to block a spike (Photo courtesy of Kim Wagner)
Setting the standard: Positivity in beach volleyball
Caroline VeleyMay 1, 2024

As the warm Spring weather approaches, many indoor volleyball players look for an alternative sport to fill their schedule while enjoying the...

Starting at Oracle Park, Solle fires a fastball towards home plate. Photo by Graham Weir.
Sports Spotlight: The Solle show
Jake PostMay 1, 2024

Rex Solle is a familiar name among Redwood students and local baseball fans. As a senior, the varsity baseball player is looking to add to his...

Facebook page accepts anonymous student confessions

Students can now submit some of their best-kept secrets to a Twitter and Facebook page called Redwood Confessions.

Since Nov. 2, the page already has 650 likes and its Twitter page, @Redwoodconfess, has 155 followers. Students at the site are encouraged to send “confessions” over Facebook or submit them with an anonymous Google Docs form.

The logo for Redwood Confessions
The logo for Redwood Confessions

According to the anonymous site manager reached through Facebook Message, the page receives an approximation of 50 confessions every day and has received about 350 since its creation. The tips are screened merely by opinion on whether the administrator finds it interesting.

The administrator said in their message that the page is not for bullying students or teachers.

The site manager stated that instead of portraying the school totally positively, they would rather represent Redwood as the multifaceted place it is.