Twelve seniors were presented with awards to recognize their commitment to being outstanding high school athletes (Photo by Zoe Gister).
Redwood senior athletes recognized in new venue celebration
Charlotte LacyMay 30, 2024

On May 20, senior athletes, parents and coaches gathered at Sam’s Anchor Cafe in Tiburon to recognize and celebrate the seniors committed...

Smiling and holding their floats, seniors make the most of their lunch.
Seniors stay a-float for senior week
Hannah HerbstMay 29, 2024

On Tuesday, May 28, after a long Memorial Day Weekend and with only twelve more academic days left of school, leadership kicked off Senior...

Boys’ varsity baseball marks history with first-ever state playoff victory
Will ParsonsMay 29, 2024

On May 28, the Giants’ varsity baseball team took on the Carmel Padres in the first Norcal state playoff game in the program’s history. The...

Over the counter burger quest: seeking the ultimate fast food hamburger in Marin

Everybody enjoys a juicy burger, especially when they’re in the mood for something savory. Hence, it’s always a good choice, regardless of the occasion—it may be enjoyed at a get-together with friends, after a sporting event or even as part of a barbecue. I explored Marin by visiting four restaurants and trying their most popular burgers to determine the best.

Students most popular burger places in Marin by Tessa Tuatini

M&G’s

The M&G’s Burger joint in Larkspur provides a classic American diner experience. M&G’s burgers are reasonably priced and use top beef cuts, so every mouthful is juicy and flavorful. From traditional cheeseburgers to exotic blends like Wagyu and Angus beef, the menu offers a wide range of deliciousness made with quality in mind. The savory secret sauce at M&G’s made the burger stand out, giving it layers of richness and depth. Whether you live nearby or are just visiting, M&G’s guarantees a remarkable burger worth the price range of $10 and under. This burger deserves a 4.5/5.

Shake Shack

I tried the ShackBurger, as I was told it was the most popular burger from Shake Shack. If you’re looking for a flavorful burger, the ShackBurger is for you. Warm, soft and delectable, this burger combines various elements into one delicious masterpiece. Costing $9.59, the burger is worth the price, although it is gone so fast because it simply melts inside your mouth. Unlike other fast food restaurants, the famous ShackSauce adds an exquisite taste. It combines mayonnaise, ketchup, yellow mustard and finely chopped pickles to add a delightful touch to a burger. Additionally, Shake Shack’s meat is freshly ground and contains no hormones or preservatives, accounting for a healthier burger option. This burger is delicious; however, still tastes like fast food, causing it to be a 4/5.

In-N-Out

For just under $6, you can get In-N-Out’s specialty double-double cheeseburger, a favorite among many. This burger comes with two 100 percent fresh beef patties, perfectly cooked on the grill, and two soft and melty cheese slices. As with that, you can also request their In-N-Out secret sauce, which adds an appreciative taste to enjoy with either the burgers or the fries. Overall, the In-N-Out double-double cheeseburger earns a rating of 4/5.

Gott’s

When visiting Gott’s, I decided to stick with the classic cheeseburger. Rich in taste and containing an abundance of flavors, the burger is rather messy to eat. It was the most expensive of the four restaurants, costing $10.99. Despite the generous price, the burger was worth the money, as the high-quality ground beef was sourced from reliable suppliers, emphasizing freshness and quality. Nonetheless, it’s the secret sauce that makes the Gott’s burger so messy. Although the sauce is tangy and rich in flavor, it gives a slightly unappealing touch to the cheeseburger. This factor caused Gott’s cheeseburger to receive a lower ranking, a 3.5/5.

Overall, all four of these burger restaurants were delicious in their own ways. Although I wasn’t the biggest fan of In-N-Out, I can understand why other people would enjoy their burgers because of their quick and easy service. The other three burgers left a great impression and I would recommend visiting them if you’re looking for a decent fast food restaurant. However, out of the four restaurants I reviewed, I would recommend stopping by M&G’s, as I felt their burgers were most reasonably priced and were the best quality.