Freshman Haley Boyarski extends her arms to block a spike (Photo courtesy of Kim Wagner)
Setting the standard: Positivity in beach volleyball
Caroline VeleyMay 1, 2024

As the warm Spring weather approaches, many indoor volleyball players look for an alternative sport to fill their schedule while enjoying the...

Starting at Oracle Park, Solle fires a fastball towards home plate. Photo by Graham Weir.
Sports Spotlight: The Solle show
Jake PostMay 1, 2024

Rex Solle is a familiar name among Redwood students and local baseball fans. As a senior, the varsity baseball player is looking to add to his...

Illustration by Natalie Vinogradsky
Leveling the playing field: Equality for girls' basketball
Paige EdelenApril 30, 2024

Every year, the Marin County Athletic League (MCAL) championship boys’ basketball game occurs, attracting crowds from all over Marin. Students,...

Rowers commit to top-tier universities

Rowers commit to top-tier universities

The second senior Julian Goldman stepped onto the Princeton campus he knew he had made his final decision.

“Based off what I saw there, the people I met, the classes I sat in, I decided that Princeton was the best choice for me,” Goldman said.

Goldman joins seven other senior rowers who have verbally committed to colleges.

“I basically haven’t stopped for four years. It takes a lot for me to keep on going and put the effort needed into it,” Goldman said. “But it’s really something that I love. So it wasn’t too hard for me to keep going.”

Killeen and Goldman have both received their likely letters from Princeton and are looking forward to the next portion of their athletic careers.

According to Killeen, Princeton was his third official visit at a school and he felt at home once he stepped on the campus.

Senior Cayman Bearly-Malinowski verbally committed to Harvard for crew as well.

The girls’ Varsity 8+ boat, consisting of seniors Danielle Morshead, Julia Burgess, Camille Kisseberth and Kim Hoon, are experiencing similar circumstances as the men’s team, as the prepare for a dominating final season.

However for three of the girls, this season won’t be their last one racing together, as Kisseberth, Burgess and Morshead have all committed to Brown University.

Morshead said she began talking to schools her junior year and narrowed her decision down to Cal or Brown at the beginning of this year.

“I was sure I would choose Cal, but I fell in love with Brown campus,” she said.

She took two trips to Brown before committing, one an unofficial visit her junior year, and one official visit this year.

After verbally committing earlier this year, Morshead sent in her application in October.

Now, Morshead, Kisseberth, and Burgess have all received their likely letter, from Brown, meaning they will most likely be receiving their official acceptance letter, in December.

Unlike the other girls, coxswain Kim Hoon has not received her likely letter, but has verbally committed to UCLA. This is her first year in the Varsity 8+ boat.