Sweet delights at San Rafael Farmers’ Market: Waffle Mania, Brittany Crêpes and KettlePop
Nick HartungApril 10, 2024

As winter draws to a close, the local San Rafael Farmers’ Market is coming alive. Every Sunday, hundreds of farms, shops and stores from across...

Illustration by Ava Stephens
Ignorance breeds violence: we need diverse religious education
Beckett TudorApril 9, 2024

The United States has become one of the most diverse countries in the world. Through policies encouraging immigration and plentiful economic...

Rolling the dice: The harmful effects of sports betting promotions
Matthew KnauerApril 6, 2024

Nobody could have predicted the monumental impact of Murphy vs. National Collegiate Athletic Association in May 2018. Two and a half...

Boys’ varsity basketball ends regular season strong

The Redwood team that stepped on Tam’s court last Thursday night for the last regular-season game played differently than they have played for most of the season. The Giants were dominant on offense and defense, confident and in control.

However, breezing to 52-29 win was not enough to secure them a spot in the MCAL playoffs, as their 5-9 MCAL record left them tied with three other teams at the end of the season. San Rafael had the best record of the four tied teams and therefore advanced on to the MCAL postseason over Tam, Redwood, and Terra Linda.

It was the usual story on offense with seniors Samson Donick and Joseph Compagno scoring over half of the team’s points. They combined for 37, Compagno with 21 and Donick with 16.

Despite failing to qualify for the MCAL postseason, the Giants will be squaring off with NCS teams for a shot to advance to the state tournament. They qualified for NCS by having a winning record against teams in their NCS Division.