Smiling for the camera, Moseley excitedly hikes Palisades Tahoe. (Photo Curtesy of Jonny Moseley)
Navigating the slopes of life: Olympic medalist and Redwood parent Jonny Moseley
Hilah Brekhus-LavinskyApril 26, 2024

1998 Olympic gold medalist and skiing legend Jonny Moseley gracefully navigated the slopes of parenting, bringing the same fitness and determination...

April Bark Beats
Leighton OlsenApril 26, 2024

"WE DON'T TRUST YOU" by Future and Metro Boomin After over a decade of Metro Boomin being a head producer for most of Future’s discography,...

Healthy looks different on everybody
Healthy looks different on everybody
Brooklyn SaputoApril 26, 2024

Do you ever find yourself scrolling through social media, losing yourself in a swarm of food videos? Eat this, eat that. How to make a low-calorie...

Girls’ freshman volleyball team dominates Drake

The girls’ freshman volleyball team defeated Drake 2-0 on Oct. 10 with large leads in both games.

Throughout the first game, the Giants steadily rose their score, except when Drake earned four consecutive points in the last few minutes, briefly delaying Redwood’s victory and bringing the score up from 24-3 to 24-7.  Drake’s return proved short-lived and the team was unable to prevail against the Giants’ significant lead, which included three spikes by Amelia Shunk and a hard hit by Gigi Buddie.

Freshman Abby Herron (#35) dives for the volleyball.

The Giants’ strong performance carried over into the second game, with Drake only earning their first point after Redwood established a 6-0 lead, thanks to Rachel Kahn’s serves.  Annie Shelton served next, increasing the Giants’ score by another six points before Drake snuck in its second point.

In the last minutes of the second game, Katie Reis spiked the ball, bringing Redwood one point shy of winning the game, which soon ended 25-8.

“I was proud of their energy, especially Amelia Shunk, for being loud on the court, and serving tough…. and Katie Levy, for making great decisions with setting the hitters,” coach Laura Molina said.  “We worked on serving a lot because we had a hard time against Justin Siena, missing 14 serves, and we only missed two today.”

The freshman volleyball team is currently 5-2 in league play.  The team next plays at Novato on Thursday, Oct 16.