Smiling for the camera, Moseley excitedly hikes Palisades Tahoe. (Photo Curtesy of Jonny Moseley)
Navigating the slopes of life: Olympic medalist and Redwood parent Jonny Moseley
Hilah Brekhus-LavinskyApril 26, 2024

1998 Olympic gold medalist and skiing legend Jonny Moseley gracefully navigated the slopes of parenting, bringing the same fitness and determination...

April Bark Beats
Leighton OlsenApril 26, 2024

"WE DON'T TRUST YOU" by Future and Metro Boomin After over a decade of Metro Boomin being a head producer for most of Future’s discography,...

Healthy looks different on everybody
Healthy looks different on everybody
Brooklyn SaputoApril 26, 2024

Do you ever find yourself scrolling through social media, losing yourself in a swarm of food videos? Eat this, eat that. How to make a low-calorie...

Muse’s DVD transports concert to the screen

Flames erupt high into the air and a mammoth wave of applause roars from a sea of adoring fans as Muse takes the stage at the Rome Olympic Stadium. The sinister  sound of lead singer Matt Bellamy’s low-tuned electric guitar cuts through the air as the band rips into “Supremacy,” the intro track off their most recent album.

MUSICIAN MATT BELLAMY performs at the Stadio Olimpico, Rome, in July 2013.

Despite the fact that the band only includes three consistent members plus an additional live keyboardist, Muse puts on a tremendous live show. The musicianship and theatrical creativity of the band makes for a performance nearly as visually and sonically engaging on a small screen as it would be in person.

“Muse – Live At the Rome Olympic Stadium” is the first ever concert film to be shot in 4K (resolution of 3840 x 2160) and it shows. The supreme camerawork allows the viewer to see performance from nearly every angle in the vast stadium—all the while in incredibly clear ultra HD.

Upon announcing the release of the film, the band noted that this was the largest production they have put on in terms of scale and value.

The band’s pop and metal influenced futuristic alternative rock led by Bellamy’s operatic vocals lent itself incredibly well to a production of this degree.

A gigantic LED screen spanning the width of the stage, displayed everything from dancing cartoon versions of modern political figures to space age graphics and industrial scenery behind the band as they rocked out.

In addition, a seizure-inducing light and pyrotechnics show took the concert to the next level—from a stadium sized rock ‘n’ roll spectacle to a larger-than-life experience.

Muse utilized the stage to their fullest advantage in their live show, running and dancing up and down the narrow walkway extending into the middle of the arena. At times, even pantomime actors made appearances, almost turning the concert into a piece of musical theatre.

This DVD sets a new standard for the future of concert films and is definitely worth an iTunes download or Amazon purchase.