Uber introduces new Uber For Teens feature
Ben MuellerApril 26, 2024

On Feb. 29, Uber rolled out “Uber for Teens,” a new rideshare option that allows teens to take an Uber without a parent while allowing parents...

Gazing across the array of trucks, one customer searches for their cuisine of choice.
SoMa StrEat Food Park: Family-friendly dining steps away from your favorite stadiums
Zoe GisterApril 26, 2024

Nestled within Mission Bay, San Francisco runs a food court like no other. SoMa StrEat Food Park presents an opportunity to truly experience...

Tony Harvey: The face behind the scoreboard
Tessa TuatiniApril 26, 2024

Those who attend the many sporting events here may not think about the work behind the scoreboard. However, behind the ever-changing numbers...

Art Honor Society kicks off for year

Members of the Art Honors Society recently came together to repair and chisel mosaic tiles, and plan for future projects with the common goal to beautify the Redwood High School campus.

On Oct. 27, society adviser Liz Lauter toured the students around campus to the different mosaic spots to illustrate how the society has made the campus a more pleasing environment and to identify areas of improvement.

The Art Honors Society is a subset of the National Art Education society is an organization where people who are a part of the arts meet and share ideas to make the world a more aesthetically pleasing place.

Lauter pointed out that many of the tiles from the different mosaic projects around the school needed to be repaired and maintained to prevent water from getting inside the tiles, which could weaken the tiles and ruin the art. They started in the outside art hallway by chiseling and scraping old tiles off of the outdoor cement furniture.

Senior Vanessa Bret-Mounet, an Art Honors Society member said while washing the mosaic tiles in the Art area,“[It’s] awesome that we can immortalize our art with mosaics.”

The society is currently funded by Lauter, who provides the art supplies for the project and snacks for the students while they work. She is applying for a grant which would allow for the society to do bigger and better projects for the school.

She has plans to expand the mosaics to inhabit other areas of the school besides the art department.