Twelve seniors were presented with awards to recognize their commitment to being outstanding high school athletes (Photo by Zoe Gister).
Redwood senior athletes recognized in new venue celebration
Charlotte LacyMay 30, 2024

On May 20, senior athletes, parents and coaches gathered at Sam’s Anchor Cafe in Tiburon to recognize and celebrate the seniors committed...

Smiling and holding their floats, seniors make the most of their lunch.
Seniors stay a-float for senior week
Hannah HerbstMay 29, 2024

On Tuesday, May 28, after a long Memorial Day Weekend and with only twelve more academic days left of school, leadership kicked off Senior...

Boys’ varsity baseball marks history with first-ever state playoff victory
Will ParsonsMay 29, 2024

On May 28, the Giants’ varsity baseball team took on the Carmel Padres in the first Norcal state playoff game in the program’s history. The...

Browsing Bliss: The new Barnes and Noble

If you are a frequent Town Center visitor, you may or may not know about the once-loved Barnes and Noble placed front and center of the mall, capturing Marin County with its recognizable logo and daring size. Books, stationery, maps, records, magazines, children’s corners, toys, countless amounts of seating and access to a warm cup of Starbucks coffee filled the store with considerable love and care. 

Welcoming possible customers, the front entrance doors of Barnes and Noble are open.

On March 12, 2023, Barnes and Noble bid farewell from its original location. They relocated to a smaller, less noticeable area between Town Center’s Paper Source and Crate and Barrel. The current manager of Barnes and Noble, Logan Nevens, explains that because there are fewer products, he has noticed a lack in the number of customers visiting the store and the reasoning behind that. 

“It’s a lack of awareness and a smaller location all around, so we have less product [and] fewer things of every caliber,” Nevens said.

In addition, fewer books are placed on the shelves due to the need for more space, unlike their former layout. Sophomore Hannah Lacy, a frequent customer at the new Barnes and Noble, shares her experience at the store and how the enclosed space limits her from finding books currently on her radar. Despite her love for reading and exploring Barnes and Noble, she needs to find what she is looking for, which unfortunately does not come easily in the new store.

“I enjoy the space because I generally enjoy reading, but sometimes I’m disappointed when I am looking for books and they are not there,” Lacey said. 

Sophomore Keira Sisuphan browsing through the Barnes and Noble shelves

Shoppers like Hannah are limited in their ability to find everything they are looking for, preventing them from discovering countless books in each genre.

Although there are many missing pieces to what Barnes and Noble is formally known for, the new location establishes a curated theme throughout the store, with nothing but books of all genres placed in separate singular areas of the store. Though there are a few stationary options and little knick-knacks, the books between each shelf stand out the most, capturing what a bookstore is all about. The overall ambiance of the store portrays a coziness that influences readers to stop by and browse for books they are most interested in, with the assistance of knowledgeable workers who use their customer service skills to establish a heartwarming experience. Nonetheless, having a Barnes and Noble located in the Town Center helps provide books for people across Marin. Though there is a lack of certain products, the store offers books for students who enjoy or are interested in reading to browse and find their next best read.