Twelve seniors were presented with awards to recognize their commitment to being outstanding high school athletes (Photo by Zoe Gister).
Redwood senior athletes recognized in new venue celebration
Charlotte LacyMay 30, 2024

On May 20, senior athletes, parents and coaches gathered at Sam’s Anchor Cafe in Tiburon to recognize and celebrate the seniors committed...

Smiling and holding their floats, seniors make the most of their lunch.
Seniors stay a-float for senior week
Hannah HerbstMay 29, 2024

On Tuesday, May 28, after a long Memorial Day Weekend and with only twelve more academic days left of school, leadership kicked off Senior...

Boys’ varsity baseball marks history with first-ever state playoff victory
Will ParsonsMay 29, 2024

On May 28, the Giants’ varsity baseball team took on the Carmel Padres in the first Norcal state playoff game in the program’s history. The...

Sweet delights at San Rafael Farmers’ Market: Waffle Mania, Brittany Crêpes and KettlePop

As winter draws to a close, the local San Rafael Farmers’ Market is coming alive. Every Sunday, hundreds of farms, shops and stores from across Northern California come together at the Marin Civic Center to sell their goods. Among fruit, vegetables, spices and coffee, the Farmers’ Market offers a variety of sweet treats on Sunday mornings. This review dives into three of the best shops to satisfy your sweet tooth: Waffle Mania Belgian waffles, Brittany Crêpes and KettlePop kettle corn.

Waffle Mania:

Starting with a Marin favorite: the Waffle Mania Belgian waffle truck. Quite possibly the most popular shop in the market, the line

The Waffle Mania waffle truck serves many customers daily. (Photo by Alex Argov)

wraps through crowds and down each aisle. The waffles, however, make the line worth the wait. Waffle choices include plain, Nutella, whipped cream, strawberries and powdered sugar. These waffles have a deliciously crunchy outer shell and a soft, steamy inside. With dough sourced from SoGood, a Belgian company that specializes in the production of waffle dough, you can taste the quality. Hundreds of hungry Marin residents enjoy these waffles every Sunday for $6 to $8, depending on toppings.

Brittany Crêpes:

Not as popular as the waffle truck but still commanding a sizable line on the market’s outskirts, the Brittany Crêpe shop is a popular destination for sweet and savory crepes. While the price point may lean towards the higher end, ranging from $8 to $13 for sweet crepes and $12 to $19 for savory, the reasons behind Brittany Crêpes’ enduring popularity are crystal clear. The key lies in its extensive selection, offering a staggering array of 15 signature combinations and the creative freedom to mix and match from over 30 delectable fillings. As patrons of all ages gaze in wonder, each crepe is expertly crafted to order before their eyes – a mesmerizing spectacle of skill and artistry. The crepes are thick, sweet

Customers stand in line to purchase a crepe. (Photo by Alex Argov)

and deliciously greasy on their own merit; personally chosen fillings only increase the appeal of the delicious treat. Whether craving a sweet treat or a savory delight, Brittany Crêpes delivers. While the prices may give pause, the explosion of flavor justifies every cent. For those seeking a taste of indulgence, Brittany Crêpes satisfies an appetite with flair and finesse.

KettlePop:

KettlePop popcorn bags come in three sizes to fill all appetites. (Photo by Alex Argov)

Just steps away from Brittany Crêpes, the KettlePop kettle corn shop beckons with its irresistible aroma of freshly popped corn. This tantalizing snack offers a delicious alternative for market-goers. With options ranging from a  $7 “teaser” bag to a $12  “value size,” there’s a portion to suit every appetite. Prices aside, a sweet, salty and crunchy explosion of caramel flavor in your mouth makes it worth the purchase. As adults patiently wait in line, children are drawn to the booth, lured by the promise of free samples laid out invitingly on the table. KettlePop kettle corn is a compelling option for those seeking a blend of sweetness and saltiness during their farmers’ market excursion. It’s a treat that satisfies cravings and delights the senses, making it a must-try for any market visitor searching for a delectable snack.