Twelve seniors were presented with awards to recognize their commitment to being outstanding high school athletes (Photo by Zoe Gister).
Redwood senior athletes recognized in new venue celebration
Charlotte LacyMay 30, 2024

On May 20, senior athletes, parents and coaches gathered at Sam’s Anchor Cafe in Tiburon to recognize and celebrate the seniors committed...

Smiling and holding their floats, seniors make the most of their lunch.
Seniors stay a-float for senior week
Hannah HerbstMay 29, 2024

On Tuesday, May 28, after a long Memorial Day Weekend and with only twelve more academic days left of school, leadership kicked off Senior...

Boys’ varsity baseball marks history with first-ever state playoff victory
Will ParsonsMay 29, 2024

On May 28, the Giants’ varsity baseball team took on the Carmel Padres in the first Norcal state playoff game in the program’s history. The...

Check out these sparkling jewelry stores

Jewelry shopping can be daunting because of the wide variety of stores, styles and types offered on the market. But it doesn’t have to be. Jewelry shopping should be a treat and it should be about getting the best quality that one can buy, at the cheapest prices one can find. These three stores offer some of the best jewelry in Marin or online and can help if you feel overwhelmed by the prospect of jewelry shopping. 

A model showcases Gorjana’s classic heart necklace. (Photo courtesy of Gorjana)

Gorjana

Located at The Village at Corte Madera, Gorjana offers a wide range of affordable and expensive staple jewelry. Known for their yellow gold jewelry, they offer a variety of earrings, clasp bracelets, necklaces and rings. Gorjana is based in Laguna Beach and has many stores across the country. From $25 dollar stud earrings to $60 dollar necklaces, Gorjana has good prices for the quality of jewelry that they offer. All of their products are either sterling silver or gold plated; however, they do sometimes tarnish or lose their sparkle after extended wear. They also offer fine jewelry, with diamonds and other precious stones that won’t tarnish as easily. These are more expensive, costing $100 dollars or more, depending on which variety you want. Their fine jewelry is amazing quality and is the perfect birthday or holiday gift, making Gorjana the perfect place to buy classic pieces or more expensive jewelry. 

Evry Jewels 

Evry Jewels offers a plethora of rings and other jewelry. (Photo courtesy of Evry Jewels)

If you want inexpensive jewelry, Evry Jewels is the perfect place for you. Based online, Evry Jewels is a treasure trove of jewelry. They have everything you could want: necklaces, bracelets, rings, charms, earrings and so much more. For the price, their quality is top-notch and won’t tarnish. They also have multiple sales, frequently offering sitewide 80% discounts or holiday sales. You can even customize your necklaces and bracelets with initials or other small details. The only downside is that shipping may take a while, but it is worth the wait and the jewelry always sparkles. Evry Jewels is the best place to start your jewelry collection.

Tibetan Culture House

Located on 4th Street in San Rafael, the Tibetan Culture House offers funky stone rings, necklaces, earrings and bracelets. Popular for their rings, they offer a huge selection of stone and gem rings, ranging from turquoise to jade. Most of their rings are sterling silver and won’t tarnish. If you are looking for chunky rings, this is your spot. Prices range from $40 dollars to $100 or more, usually depending on how big the stone is or what kind of jewelry you buy. Tibetan Culture House also has Tibetan clothing and Buddhist products. If you want to get unique jewelry that many don’t have, this is the place. 

Jewelry shopping should be fun and provide a new experience every time. These stores have so much to offer and are full of unique finds, offering a variety of jewelry that ranges from quality jewelry and staples to more eccentric pieces. Now that you know some great jewelry stores, have fun shopping!