Over the counter burger quest: seeking the ultimate fast food hamburger in Marin
Lauren Dickerman April 29, 2024

Everybody enjoys a juicy burger, especially when they're in the mood for something savory. Hence, it’s always a good choice, regardless of...

The case for no PE requirement for student athletes
Jake Post April 28, 2024

Three days a week, students in their freshman and sophomore years at Redwood spend a period in Physical Education (PE) class for a combined 144...

Juniors Zoe Prieur and JJ  Pulliam laugh together as they begin to dance.
Students enjoy a lakeside view during 2024 Prom night
Zoe Gister April 28, 2024

On Saturday, April 20, waves of party buses and limousines carried never-ending streams of sequins and dress shirts to illuminate the joy...

About this time every year, the same epidemic infects the Redwood senior population: Senioritis. With only five unexcused absences allowed per class this semester — four excluding senior skip day — how are we supposed to make the most out of our senior year? That’s what I’m here for! I’ve tested out these remedies to ease the massive pressure of being a second-semester senior, here are my recommendations!

1. Take a nap

Being a senior is exhausting. Between balancing all four classes and waiting for college decisions, we hardly have any time to sneak off campus for lunch and search for prom dresses. How can we deal with this stress? All can be solved with a quick two-and-a-half-hour nap. There’s nothing better than coming home from school for a fifteen-minute lie-down and waking up at 8 p.m. to realize you haven’t done your homework yet. But who actually does their homework anyway?

1. Treat yourself

Create a personal reward system as an incentive to show up to school! I like to collect a small roll of Trader Joe’s kids’ stickers and put one on when I make it through a whole day of school. For every five tardy calls from the attendance office, treat yourself to a Philz coffee! If you hit 10 tardies, buy yourself flowers!

1. Classroom entertainment

You’re only 10 minutes into class and you’ve already finished the New York Times Wordle, Crossword Mini and Connections. How will you entertain yourself? Here are some fun games to think through instead of staring blankly at the clock. Try making up your own senior superlatives for everyone in the class! How many times does that one guy go into the hallway to blow his nose? Find out!

Senioritis kicked in. I don’t wanna write anymore.