Twelve seniors were presented with awards to recognize their commitment to being outstanding high school athletes (Photo by Zoe Gister).
Redwood senior athletes recognized in new venue celebration
Charlotte LacyMay 30, 2024

On May 20, senior athletes, parents and coaches gathered at Sam’s Anchor Cafe in Tiburon to recognize and celebrate the seniors committed...

Smiling and holding their floats, seniors make the most of their lunch.
Seniors stay a-float for senior week
Hannah HerbstMay 29, 2024

On Tuesday, May 28, after a long Memorial Day Weekend and with only twelve more academic days left of school, leadership kicked off Senior...

Boys’ varsity baseball marks history with first-ever state playoff victory
Will ParsonsMay 29, 2024

On May 28, the Giants’ varsity baseball team took on the Carmel Padres in the first Norcal state playoff game in the program’s history. The...

Easy remedies for Senioritis

About this time every year, the same epidemic infects the Redwood senior population: Senioritis. With only five unexcused absences allowed per class this semester — four excluding senior skip day — how are we supposed to make the most out of our senior year? That’s what I’m here for! I’ve tested out these remedies to ease the massive pressure of being a second-semester senior, here are my recommendations!

Illustration by Charlotte Fishburne

1. Take a nap

Being a senior is exhausting. Between balancing all four classes and waiting for college decisions, we hardly have any time to sneak off campus for lunch and search for prom dresses. How can we deal with this stress? All can be solved with a quick two-and-a-half-hour nap. There’s nothing better than coming home from school for a fifteen-minute lie-down and waking up at 8 p.m. to realize you haven’t done your homework yet. But who actually does their homework anyway?

1. Treat yourself

Create a personal reward system as an incentive to show up to school! I like to collect a small roll of Trader Joe’s kids’ stickers and put one on when I make it through a whole day of school. For every five tardy calls from the attendance office, treat yourself to a Philz coffee! If you hit 10 tardies, buy yourself flowers!

1. Classroom entertainment

You’re only 10 minutes into class and you’ve already finished the New York Times Wordle, Crossword Mini and Connections. How will you entertain yourself? Here are some fun games to think through instead of staring blankly at the clock. Try making up your own senior superlatives for everyone in the class! How many times does that one guy go into the hallway to blow his nose? Find out!

Senioritis kicked in. I don’t wanna write anymore.