Take a sip from these top-tier water bottles

Water bottles are becoming a prominent part of our culture. They aren’t just a necessity, they are being used to accessorize outfits. These water bottles are being sold in trendy clothes stores, like Urban Outfitters. When buying, the choice depends on the style, size, color and “trendiness” of the bottle. Right now, it is impossible to go somewhere without seeing a Hydro Flask, Owala or Stanley Tumbler. Even though there are other water bottles out there, these three are top picks right now. However, a new water bottle could rise to fame just as fast. 

The Hydro Flask rose to fame in 2020, during the “VSCO girl” trend, when it was often covered in stickers, unlike the bottle displayed here in 2024.

Hydro Flask

The Hydro Flask has been in the media spotlight for the longest out of these water bottles. If you’re someone who is constantly dropping their water bottle, the Hydro Flask will sustain the falls and continue to be fully functional. It is leakproof so that you can throw it into your backpack without fear of spillage. Even with a straw cap, it always stays sealed. The handle on the top makes it easier to hold than the Owala’s smaller handle. The average price of a Hydro Flask is $50 for a 32-ounce wide mouth.

The Stanley has taken the internet by storm recently, due to its iconic large handle and unique design.

Stanley Tumbler

Despite the large size, the Stanley is a convenient water bottle since it can fit into cup holders and the large handle makes it easy to carry. Despite the comfortability of the handle, it’s too heavy to walk around town doing errands or even go to school with. It’s also not leakproof, so you can’t throw it into your bag at school without damaging your work or laptop. If you tip it over, be prepared for a stream of water to come pouring out of the top. The average price for a 40-ounce Stanley tumbler is $45: cheaper and larger than the infamous Hydro Flask.

Owala

The Owala is a newer water bottle, first on the market in March 2020, that has recently caught people’s attention. One appealing feature is that it looks like a koala when you sip out of it, due to the design of the cap. The Owala features some unique attributes that the Stanley and Hydro Flask don’t have. When you release the cap, there’s an opening which is half straw and half mouth, so you can either gulp or sip, depending on your preference. Owala is also completely spill-proof like the Hydro Flask, making it easy for students to carry in their bags. The average price for the 32-ounce Owala is $33, the cheapest of all these options.

The Owala stands tall as the innovative cap is on display.

All of these water bottles offer unique features that may suit some better than others. If you’re looking for a water bottle to keep in your car, go with the Stanley Tumbler, but if you want something easy to carry, I would recommend the Hydro Flask. If you like to alternate between sipping or gulping, invest in the Owala. But you really can’t go wrong with any of these options.