Redwood drama comes together for the One Act Festival
Gabriella Rouas, • April 27, 2024

On April 27 at 7 p.m., the drama department will come together to showcase the hard work and skills they have learned to the broader community...

A dough-licious journey: Donut Shops of Marin
Jackson Gurvich and Luke TemperoApril 27, 2024

Nothing is better than starting your day with a donut from your local donut shop. Marin County has many great donut establishments that...

The strings on Congressman Jared Huffman’s racket break as he returns a serve from senior Jackson Sichel.
Congressman Jared Huffman visits boys’ varsity tennis practice after MCAL championship
Matthew KnauerApril 27, 2024

The boys’ varsity tennis team has enjoyed an eventful past two weeks. On Wednesday, April 17, they beat the Archie Williams Falcons 7-0...

Crumbl falls short with weekly cookie lineup

After popular demand, we’re back with another Crumbl Review. Driving to the local Crumbl in Petaluma is always an adventure and usually worth it. However, if we’re being completely honest, this week’s flavors weren’t their strongest. After trying the six flavors offered the week of Jan. 22, we have ranked them below from worst to best. It’s safe to say that across the board, we were disappointed.

#6: Strawberry Crumb Cake

If you’re a fan of Special K cereal, then this cookie may be the one for you. However, for the vast majority of people who prefer normal cookie flavors, steer clear of this artificial strawberry abomination.

#5: Cinnamon Square

This “cookie” was hard to eat. What’s worse is that the flavor didn’t come close to making up for the inconvenience of taking a bite. It’s made like a cake, dry and fluffy in the base with a cream cheese frosting on top. This odd mix made it difficult to enjoy. Make sure you have a fork on hand if you are gonna try this one and be aware that the consistency resembles a sponge cake more than a fresh-baked cookie.

#4: Cannoli

The Italians are gonna be mad about this one. Though this cookie sandwich hybrid was delicious, it was nowhere near authentic. It was essentially two regular chocolate chip cookies with a cinnamon, sweet filling inside and rolled in chocolate chips. 

Ranked second, the Cookies & Cream cookie had impressive flavor. (Alex Argov)

#3: Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chunk

It’s a classic, but we’re getting kinda bored. This cookie will only continue to move down the ranks because of its unoriginality; however, it’s still a consistent one we’ll always enjoy. We would rather see six new flavors every week rather than five, but since that’s impossible, we ranked this one as the third best.

#2: Cookies & Cream

This cookie is very similar to an oreo. In fact, we would rather just eat one of those. But compared to the other flavors that were featured, this was definitely among the best. The chocolate base mixed effortlessly with the white chocolate chips and drizzle, making this one of the top contenders for the week. 

#1: Peanut Butter ft. Reese’s Pieces 

The combination of peanut butter and chocolate worked perfectly to create this cookie. It melts in your mouth and the warm, gooey dough perfectly contrasts the hidden, crunchy bits of Reese’s Pieces. This cookie is sure to steal your heart, or mouth, as the top contender for this week’s flavors.