Voices of Measure A
Voices of Measure A
Tessa TuatiniApril 26, 2024

Voices of measure A by Tessa Tuatini

Smiling proudly, Sammy Chew poses for a picture behind the Surfrider Foundation table (Courtesy of Adriella Marcus)
Coastal advocacy and youth involvement:
Estelle SmithApril 26, 2024

On the first warm sunny weekends in Marin, families, high school kids, dogs and surfers alike all flocked to Stinson Beach to have some fun in...

TUHSD holds first annual Students of Color Retreat
TUHSD holds first annual Students' of Color Retreat
Melanie CanulApril 26, 2024

On March 29, the Tamalpais Union High School District (TUHSD) organized and held its first-ever Students of Color Retreat. The retreat was held...

A clothes call: The 2024 Grammys red carpet

On Feb. 4, 2024, the 66th annual Grammys award show took place, as designers from across the world showcased their skills by dressing today’s top artists.

The Good

Tyla: This beautifully draped, seafoam green Versace gown is masterfully crafted, juxtaposing rougher material of a diamond encrusted mesh and chiffon towards the hemline to create movement. Diamond accessories — spiral shaped earrings, a belly button ring and heels — create cohesion and an appearance of effortless elegance.

Infographic by Linnea Koblik

Janelle Monaé: This Armani Privé dress modernizes a classic silhouette through the black sequins and silver flower at the center of the plunging neckline. Balancing simplicity and statement, this dress is not one to forget.

Dawn Richard: This red Kroshub gown perfectly exemplifies what Grammys fashion should be: Extravagant and campy. With flowers sprouting from the straps to form a sort of canopy over Richard’s head, chunky earrings and red eyeshadow complete her look.

The Bad

Taylor Swift: The singer’s custom white Schiaparelli dress was a nod to the aesthetics of her upcoming album, ‘The Tortured Poets Department,’  and was beautifully draped and well-fitted. But the styling of layered necklaces, long black opera gloves and a braid in her hair overwhelmed the already intricate dress.

Alix Earle: This vintage black Alexander McQueen dress is well-fitted and well-designed with a cowl neckline and a classic silhouette, but it lacks any interest or intrigue.

The Ugly 

Lauren Daigle: This dress was a cacophony of blue tulle and what  appeared to be silly string. Daigle’s bowler hat, braids and bracelets running up her arms added further confusion to a dress that didn’t need any additional details.

Chrissy Teigen: The intentions were there for this short, black dress, with a gigantic pink frill at the hemline ruffling the audience in a failed imitation of a flower. The length and shape of the dress certainly stood out among the long ball gowns to be found around the red carpet, but overall gave the impression of being somewhat unfinished, with its botched design and overly short hemline.