Construction students Taylor Bridges, Leila Fraschetti, Emmanuel Medina, Mary Coleman and John Kozubik (left to right) applaud their peers as they speak about their appreciation for their teachers and the resources they were provided.
Photo Essay: Redwood ROP Construction Program celebrates graduates
Isabelle DavisMay 23, 2024

On May 22, the Redwood Regional Occupational Program Construction Technology celebrated the graduation of 19 Redwood students and...

Marin’s Finest Fairways: Reviewing the best public golf courses
Hayden DonehowerMay 23, 2024

Tee up for an adventure in Marin County’s vibrant golf scene! Get ready to explore the fairways, traps and views of the best public golf courses....

Illustration by Cora Champommier
Paying the price of adopt vs. shop
Chloe JenningsMay 23, 2024

The American population is becoming increasingly aware of ethical considerations around pets. Buying a pet from a breeder versus adopting a pet...

A clothes call: The 2024 Grammys red carpet

On Feb. 4, 2024, the 66th annual Grammys award show took place, as designers from across the world showcased their skills by dressing today’s top artists.

The Good

Tyla: This beautifully draped, seafoam green Versace gown is masterfully crafted, juxtaposing rougher material of a diamond encrusted mesh and chiffon towards the hemline to create movement. Diamond accessories — spiral shaped earrings, a belly button ring and heels — create cohesion and an appearance of effortless elegance.

Infographic by Linnea Koblik

Janelle Monaé: This Armani Privé dress modernizes a classic silhouette through the black sequins and silver flower at the center of the plunging neckline. Balancing simplicity and statement, this dress is not one to forget.

Dawn Richard: This red Kroshub gown perfectly exemplifies what Grammys fashion should be: Extravagant and campy. With flowers sprouting from the straps to form a sort of canopy over Richard’s head, chunky earrings and red eyeshadow complete her look.

The Bad

Taylor Swift: The singer’s custom white Schiaparelli dress was a nod to the aesthetics of her upcoming album, ‘The Tortured Poets Department,’  and was beautifully draped and well-fitted. But the styling of layered necklaces, long black opera gloves and a braid in her hair overwhelmed the already intricate dress.

Alix Earle: This vintage black Alexander McQueen dress is well-fitted and well-designed with a cowl neckline and a classic silhouette, but it lacks any interest or intrigue.

The Ugly 

Lauren Daigle: This dress was a cacophony of blue tulle and what  appeared to be silly string. Daigle’s bowler hat, braids and bracelets running up her arms added further confusion to a dress that didn’t need any additional details.

Chrissy Teigen: The intentions were there for this short, black dress, with a gigantic pink frill at the hemline ruffling the audience in a failed imitation of a flower. The length and shape of the dress certainly stood out among the long ball gowns to be found around the red carpet, but overall gave the impression of being somewhat unfinished, with its botched design and overly short hemline.