FDA approves Opill; The lens into the world of reproductive rights
Hailey Carlton and Annie BurlingameMay 16, 2024

From IUDs to Depo-Provera shots, and to the original pill (Plan-B), birth control has evolved substantially since its debut in May of 1950....

Photo Essay: Students celebrate the fifth annual Wellness Festival
Lauren OlsenMay 12, 2024

On Saturday, May 11, the Marin County Youth Commision (MCYC) hosted their fifth annual Wellness Festival for middle school and...

The Giants won their first MCAL banner since 2018.
Back at the top: Boys’ varsity baseball knocks off San Marin to claim MCAL banner
Gil Ladetzky and Hayden DonehowerMay 11, 2024

As the boys’ varsity baseball team entered the 2024 Marin County Athletic League (MCAL) championship game against San Marin, the bitter...

Unveiling Halloween Traditions: Exploring the frightening tricks and savoring the tasteful treats

Oct. 31 is a day full of tricks and treats, but while it’s easy to expect a treat, don’t forget the possibility of a trick. In the weeks leading up to Halloween, anticipation arose as individuals united in festive activities including pumpkin carving, preparing costumes, decorating homes and watching scary movies. 

“[Halloween] is my favorite holiday. I love running around the neighborhood with my friends and getting different kinds of candy,” said Corrina Bouligny, a student at Kent Middle School. 

Halloween provides a night for the community to come together dressed in a wide variety of costumes hopping door-to-door in pursuit of a sweet treat. From toddlers to teens, adults to elderly, no one can resist participating in the joy and fright spread throughout Halloween. But in the midst of it all, while the night is full of laughter, creativity and candy, problems can arise. As time passes, opened candy wrappers litter the streets, carved pumpkins begin to rot and chaos spreads, leading to the question: is Halloween a trick or a treat?