Utopia or Dystopia? The hidden history of Bay Area cults
Linnea Koblik and Tallulah Knill AllenJuly 12, 2024

Silhouetted against the sweeping landscapes of the Bay and the Marin Headlands, the Bay Area is well known for its position in the counterculture...

Public protests and perspectives
Public protests and perspectives
Ava Stephens, Gabriella Rouas, Aanika Sawhney, Nadia Massoumi and Grace GehrmanJune 29, 2024

Reflejando otra vez con los ELD seniors
Reflejando otra vez con los ELD seniors
Ava CarlsonJune 27, 2024

El año pasado, tuve la oportunidad de hablar con estudiantes del grado 12 en la clase de English Language Development (ELD) sobre sus experiencias...

Ian’s annual pumpkin patch re-opens in Bon Air

-2

Ian’s Pumpkin Patch re-opened at the Bon Air Shopping Center in Greenbrae Oct. 1.

According to Mike Coleman, pumpkin vendor who works at the “patch,” Ian’s Patch has been coming to Bon Air for at least 13 years.

The “patch” has pumpkins of various colors and sizes as well as two bounce houses.

Coleman said that Ian Grey, the owner, has one patch in Bon Air and another in Strawberry, Mill Valley.

Ian’s Pumpkin Patch gets their pumpkins from Half Moon Bay and Groverman’s Pumpkin Patch in Petaluma, Coleman said.

The largest pumpkin currently at the Bon Air location is 145 pounds, according to Coleman.

Coleman said that there is no tip to finding the “perfect” pumpkin.

“Looking [for pumpkins] is like Charlie Brown looking for a Christmas tree.  Some people like perfectly shaped pumpkins for carvings or decorations.  It all depends on what someone is using [the pumpkins] for.”

Ian’s Pumpkin Patch will remain in the front parking lot of the Bon Air shopping center until Oct. 31.