Riley Peterson and Caitlin Shaver eat together as they discuss what they will be doing at the graduation practice.
Redwood seniors celebrate their last day of school
Lauren PoulinJune 12, 2024

On Wednesday, June 12th, Redwood seniors joined together in the Covered Eating Area (CEA) to celebrate the end of their senior year before...

Ian’s annual pumpkin patch re-opens in Bon Air

-2

Ian’s Pumpkin Patch re-opened at the Bon Air Shopping Center in Greenbrae Oct. 1.

According to Mike Coleman, pumpkin vendor who works at the “patch,” Ian’s Patch has been coming to Bon Air for at least 13 years.

The “patch” has pumpkins of various colors and sizes as well as two bounce houses.

Coleman said that Ian Grey, the owner, has one patch in Bon Air and another in Strawberry, Mill Valley.

Ian’s Pumpkin Patch gets their pumpkins from Half Moon Bay and Groverman’s Pumpkin Patch in Petaluma, Coleman said.

The largest pumpkin currently at the Bon Air location is 145 pounds, according to Coleman.

Coleman said that there is no tip to finding the “perfect” pumpkin.

“Looking [for pumpkins] is like Charlie Brown looking for a Christmas tree.  Some people like perfectly shaped pumpkins for carvings or decorations.  It all depends on what someone is using [the pumpkins] for.”

Ian’s Pumpkin Patch will remain in the front parking lot of the Bon Air shopping center until Oct. 31.