Larkspur, CA

Utopia or Dystopia? The hidden history of Bay Area cults
Linnea Koblik and Tallulah Knill AllenJuly 12, 2024

Silhouetted against the sweeping landscapes of the Bay and the Marin Headlands, the Bay Area is well known for its position in the counterculture...

Public protests and perspectives
Public protests and perspectives
Ava Stephens, Gabriella Rouas, Aanika Sawhney, Nadia Massoumi and Grace GehrmanJune 29, 2024

Reflejando otra vez con los ELD seniors
Reflejando otra vez con los ELD seniors
Ava CarlsonJune 27, 2024

El año pasado, tuve la oportunidad de hablar con estudiantes del grado 12 en la clase de English Language Development (ELD) sobre sus experiencias...

Breaking keys, the IPW spring performance invokes sentiment

Similar to Advanced Performance Workshop’s annual Spring Concert which includes a vast set list and a show playing roughly two hours, the Intermediate Performance Workshop (IPW) blew away the audience with their skill. Regardless of intermediate status, these artists are not short of extreme talent. Each person in the IPW class comes from a diverse musical background, creating a fusion of music. For example, sophomore Claire Mussche attends orchestra outside of Redwood where she has mastered her craft of the violin which she beautifully played during her two solos in the show, weaving classical style into rock genres. In addition, Mussche also plays the bass and is incredibly musically versatile — a quality that has been cultivated by music teacher Chip Boaz. She often works in a band with guitarist Claire Fago, who also comes from a classical background. Not only are their names the same, but they also support and complement each other’s skills.

Another up-and-coming performer is Vel Conolly, who composed and sang their piece “Shower Thoughts.” The song is a vulnerable piece about “losing a relationship that meant and continues to mean a lot to you,” according to Conolly themself. This was their first performance of a song they composed, which had a chilling sincerity paired with their masterful voice. Overall, every one of the 16 performances made the show an unforgettable experience for anyone lucky enough to hear.