Freshman Haley Boyarski extends her arms to block a spike (Photo courtesy of Kim Wagner)
Setting the standard: Positivity in beach volleyball
Caroline VeleyMay 1, 2024

As the warm Spring weather approaches, many indoor volleyball players look for an alternative sport to fill their schedule while enjoying the...

Starting at Oracle Park, Solle fires a fastball towards home plate. Photo by Graham Weir.
Sports Spotlight: The Solle show
Jake PostMay 1, 2024

Rex Solle is a familiar name among Redwood students and local baseball fans. As a senior, the varsity baseball player is looking to add to his...

Illustration by Natalie Vinogradsky
Leveling the playing field: Equality for girls' basketball
Paige EdelenApril 30, 2024

Every year, the Marin County Athletic League (MCAL) championship boys’ basketball game occurs, attracting crowds from all over Marin. Students,...

The sweetest place around: Jane/Marin bakery opens in Tiburon

Since opening in Tiburon in August, Jane/Marin Bakery has become a haven of all treats, drawing in customers from far and wide with its array of sweet and savory baked goods. Originating in San Francisco, Jane Bakery added its first Marin location called Jane/Marin Bakery. This location serves its most popular items like breads and croissants, in addition to American style desserts similar to the bakery’s former occupant Sweet Things. Not only has Jane/Marin continued the baking traditions of Sweet Things, but it has also included a variety of gluten free and vegan options. With plenty of seating to enjoy a breakfast croissant and coffee both inside or outside the bakery, one can’t help but delight in a freshly baked snack anytime of the day.

Apple Galette: Surrounded by a perfect flakey crust, this petite pie is filled with a blend of crisp apple slices and a sweet cinnamon sugar glaze that artfully includes nostalgic fall flavors. With an equal balance between sweet and tart notes, this apple pie filling is firm, not mushy and not too sugary. Even though it is an individual serving, it still holds its original pie shape providing a balanced amount of both apples and crust that is plentiful and satisfying. 

Dripping with a sweet glaze, the moist lemon drop cake is hard to resist.

Lemon Drop: This delicious lemon sponge cake is filled with a sweet flavor and is topped with a sugar glaze. While some sponge cakes can prove to be too dense or dry, this lemon drop from heaven is airy and soft, allowing for the cake to melt in your mouth. With its soft texture and glossy finish, it is easy to taste the simple flavors of lemon and sugar that will surely appeal to young and old customers alike. When craving an old-fashioned dessert that is not overly complicated with flavors, this fragrant lemon cake is the ideal choice. 

Ciabatta Bread: Fresh from the oven, the bakery’s ciabatta bread lives up to all expectations. With a hard outer crust and soft inside, this classic Italian delicacy is airy, rich with flavor and chewy but not dense. Reminiscent of sourdough bread with its wheaty flavor and mild sweetness, this ciabatta is soft and springy and easily holds its shape when sliced. The wide and flat loaf, while flavorful on its own, can also be nicely paired with any additions including jams or butter.

Displaying their large selection of items, Jane/Marin Bakery offers a wide variety of goods.

Jane/Marin bakery is a wonderful addition to Tiburon’s bustling storefront shops. Not only does it include a variety of goods, it provides a warm and welcoming environment with friendly staff, quick service, plenty of parking and easy access next to Nugget Market. With dessert cases stacked to the brim with cakes and pies, patrons can view plenty of options from which to pick-up on the spot, pre-order or select from the catering menu. In addition to in-store goods, customers can visit jane.com, the online site that includes a larger menu for ordering and shipping as well as information about the bakery’s numerous Bay Area locations and its founders.