Illustration by Natalie Vinogradsky
Leveling the playing field: Equality for girls' basketball
Paige EdelenApril 30, 2024

Every year, the Marin County Athletic League (MCAL) championship boys’ basketball game occurs, attracting crowds from all over Marin. Students,...

All students need media literacy training
Editorial StaffApril 30, 2024

The moon landing was staged and Apollo 13 never happened. QAnon. PizzaGate. Holocaust deniers. These are just a few of the endless conspiracies...

The Pennant Wall in the College and Career Center shows all the various colleges Redwood students vie for.
FAFSA rollout significantly delayed due to DOE errors
Peter DachtlerApril 30, 2024

Students across the country await for the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) process to be finished, as this year’s timescale...

Photo Essay: Girls’ field hockey stays steady in rematch against Marin Catholic

On Wednesday, Oct. 4 the girls’ field hockey team faced off against Marin Catholic (MC), ending in 0-0. In the earlier Sept. 13 rivalry game, the final score also tied at 1-1.

Senior Avery Kaster reveals the strength in their plays beyond the tied scoreboard. 

“Overall it was so obvious how hard everyone on the team was working to run to every ball, be first to the ball, and get the ball in, which isn’t always the case,” Kaster said. “Despite the fact that we didn’t score, we were on their side for most of the game which shows our improvement. As a team, we were proud of how we played.”

MC had one official shot on goal, but senior goalie Caroline Muller saved it in a high-intensity moment. Under the heat at 81 degrees Fahrenheit, the team kept spirits up with positive communication.

As the Marin County Athletic League team to beat, the next field hockey game is away tomorrow at 4 pm against San Francisco University.