Construction students Taylor Bridges, Leila Fraschetti, Emmanuel Medina, Mary Coleman and John Kozubik (left to right) applaud their peers as they speak about their appreciation for their teachers and the resources they were provided.
Photo Essay: Redwood ROP Construction Program celebrates graduates
Isabelle DavisMay 23, 2024

On May 22, the Redwood Regional Occupational Program Construction Technology celebrated the graduation of 19 Redwood students and...

Marin’s Finest Fairways: Reviewing the best public golf courses
Hayden DonehowerMay 23, 2024

Tee up for an adventure in Marin County’s vibrant golf scene! Get ready to explore the fairways, traps and views of the best public golf courses....

Illustration by Cora Champommier
Paying the price of adopt vs. shop
Chloe JenningsMay 23, 2024

The American population is becoming increasingly aware of ethical considerations around pets. Buying a pet from a breeder versus adopting a pet...

Swing by the parks near Redwood

If you’re looking to spend time outdoors, there are a wide variety of parks surrounding Redwood that all have unique qualities and offer a multitude of activities for those of all ages. From tennis courts to skate parks, these parks have it all. 

Playing soccer is one of the many activities that kids can enjoy at Town Park.

Town Park: Town Park has many unique offerings like tennis courts, sport games, open fields and a jungle gym. It’s only a nine-minute car ride or a 23-minute walk from campus. This spacious park is often filled with a variety of activities whether it be barbecues, birthdays or soccer games. The two tennis courts are also frequently used, especially with pickleball rising in popularity, so you might be waiting a while until it’s your turn to play. For the skaters, scooterists and bikers, there is a skate park, but it is usually filled with beginners. While there is plenty of action and excitement, if you want a quiet place to study or read a book under a tree, this park is not the place for you. 

Spacious Piper Park is filled with tennis courts, dog parks, fields and a jungle gym for all to enjoy.

Piper Park: Piper Park is known to many high schoolers as a parking option, but it has a lot more to offer. It’s a quick seven-minute walk and under a minute drive from Redwood. This park has four tennis courts, compared to Town Park’s two. If playing tennis is what you want to do, then Piper Park is right up your alley. This location is also very spacious, which makes it ideal for hosting parties or running wild. One thing that makes Piper especially appealing is the new dog park which has separate small and large areas that are perfect for dogs of all sizes. 

Dolliver Park: Dolliver Park, more commonly known as Dark Park, is located in Madrone Canyon. Dark Park gets its name from the Redwood trees that surround it and create a dimmed area. The walk from Redwood takes around 23 minutes and the drive is about four minutes, similar to Town Park. This park has limited space, but is filled with play structures that are perfect for younger kids. On hot days, the trees provide cover and the creek serves as a place to cool off. The picnic tables also allow for families and friends to gather on sunny days.

The secluded Dolliver Park is a hit for families.

Town Park, Piper Park and Dolliver Park all offer a variety of outdoor activities. If you are looking to play tennis, watch sports or have a picnic, there is a park near Redwood for you.