Twelve seniors were presented with awards to recognize their commitment to being outstanding high school athletes (Photo by Zoe Gister).
Redwood senior athletes recognized in new venue celebration
Charlotte LacyMay 30, 2024

On May 20, senior athletes, parents and coaches gathered at Sam’s Anchor Cafe in Tiburon to recognize and celebrate the seniors committed...

Smiling and holding their floats, seniors make the most of their lunch.
Seniors stay a-float for senior week
Hannah HerbstMay 29, 2024

On Tuesday, May 28, after a long Memorial Day Weekend and with only twelve more academic days left of school, leadership kicked off Senior...

Boys’ varsity baseball marks history with first-ever state playoff victory
Will ParsonsMay 29, 2024

On May 28, the Giants’ varsity baseball team took on the Carmel Padres in the first Norcal state playoff game in the program’s history. The...

The ultimate guide to Marin’s top theaters

With winter just around the corner, many Redwood students are looking forward to enjoying holiday movies with their friends and families, but they are stuck with deciding which movie theater is the best in Marin. Each cinema has its share of uniqueness, but which one stands out the most?

Century Northgate

Located in Northgate Mall, Century Northgate used to be the hot spot for movie-watching. This theater is difficult to find because it is situated towards the back of the mall, and there weren’t many people in the theater, nor many in the mall itself. This made it easy to book a seat and enjoy the movie. The sound quality is better than the average theater, with clear and loud audio. The seats are pretty average, consisting of classic movie theater chairs with regular cushions and padding. With a price of $10.25, you get a decent experience, but the location is inconvenient, especially since there is a large, empty mall you must walk through to get there.

SHINING IN THE sun, Century Theaters sits at Northgate Mall.

Cinelounge

The Cinelounge recently opened in August of 2022 after previously being called the Tiburon Playhouse. Positioned in the middle of downtown Tiburon, it is a prime location for people who live in the area or for those visiting. The Cinelounge Theater is busier than Century Northgate, so it would be wise to book tickets in advance. The seats in the cinema are extremely comfortable, with soft padding, which surpasses many theaters in creativity and comfort. However, the pricing is less affordable than the rest, reaching $15.99 per ticket. Although it is quite expensive for merely watching a movie, the experience and location of the theater are good selling points for Redwood viewers.

GLEAMING IN A sea of greenery, the Cinelounge invites visitors to the luxury theater.

Larkspur Landing Cinema

The Larkspur Landing Cinema is located next to the Marin Country Mart, with many restaurants and other attractions in the nearby area. The Larkspur Landing Cinema isn’t very crowded, but it doesn’t take away from its quality. The leather lounge chairs in the cinema add a sense of luxury to the theater’s environment. Not to mention, they can recline and have a small table to store snacks. This theater is also the cheapest on the list, with a reasonable price of $10. The price for a movie is worth it because of the quality you get from the seats and the centralized location of the cinema.

RECLINING CHAIRS COMFORTABLY located at the Larkspur Landing Cinema.

With every movie theater having its own unique aspect, the Larkspur Landing Cinema seems to be the best option for Redwood students as it’s the cheapest and features the best movie-watching experience.