Meet the Captains: Spring sports
Meet the Captains: Spring sports
Julia Delsol, Emily Block, and Mason GarboMarch 26, 2024

Dear [Name of Customer], by Julia Delsol

Boys varsity basketball season recap

[vimeo width=”600″ height=”500″]https://vimeo.com/260877276[/vimeo]

The Redwood boys’ varsity basketball team finished this season with an impressive record of 22-8. However, the team would go on to lose an extremely close game (34-35) versus Branson in the semi-finals of the MCAL playoffs as well as lose in the second round of the NCS playoffs against Las Lomas, a team located in Walnut Creek.

Although the team was unable to achieve their ultimate goal of winning MCALs, senior captain Drew Jacks and his teammates said they were proud of the way they performed throughout the season.

“We had the most wins in a season since the 2010 championship team and that was a huge accomplishment. It’s going to be interesting to see how the junior class performs as seniors. They have a lot of good talent and I can see them making a statement next year and bringing home the banner,” Jacks said.

With only six out of the 15 players on the roster being seniors, underclassmen and juniors such as Miles Squires said they are excited to improve their skills individually and as a team over the off-season in hopes of better playoff performances next year.

“This year was great statistics-wise for us. We ended 22-8, had a great run in NCS, and had a bunch of fun working for that record,” Squires said. “The thought of winning an MCAL championship is still in the back of our minds and our one-point loss to Branson this year will continue to push us and inspire us to make that though become a reality in the 2018-2019 season.”

Squires believes that the skill will be there next season, but the difference will be if the team can have confidence with the ball, trust in each other and maintain the right mindset.