A close game between Redwood Boys Lacrosse and Mater Dei. Photo Courtesy of Blake Atkins and Mark Holmstrom
How sports scholarships transform lives
Elena Dillon and Lily BellApril 25, 2024

Nothing fuels a high school athlete’s desire for success like the possibility of earning a college scholarship. Many student-athletes work...

Illustration by Cora Champommier
Our future is not a game!
Cora ChampommierApril 25, 2024

As I walk in the hallway with my giant Redwood Soccer parka, I look up to see Sabine, a freshman who performs well in my math class; I know...

Illustration by Lauren Olsen
Getting a job during high school: Does it ‘work’?
Henrik VraanesApril 25, 2024

Every year, fewer and fewer students are working jobs. In 2000, 43 percent of teens worked a job during the summer, but in 2021, the number...

Space Station Museum deviates from traditional route with interactive, free exhibits

When picturing a museum in the Bay Area, one tends to visualize an expansive and expensive gallery filled with compositions by critically acclaimed artists. They are generally housed in San Francisco where one needs to drive across the bridge and tend to the commodities of an astronomical admission fee, parking and lunch. The Space Station Museum, located in Novato, diverges from this typical path by providing visitors with a lens into space exploration through interactive exhibits, artifacts, models and photographs, all free of cost.

Tucked into the corner of the Pacheco Plaza shopping center, the museum utilizes two small rooms of retail space to display its artifacts. Even before I entered the main room, I could already sense the museum’s cozy and jovial vibe. A life-size astronaut stands on a pedestal outside, welcoming visitors into the exhibit. Mounted on the windows, a couple of stars shine brightly next to a poster of an astronaut waving in outer space.

Click above to continue reading the story.