Sweet delights at San Rafael Farmers’ Market: Waffle Mania, Brittany Crêpes and KettlePop
Nick HartungApril 10, 2024

As winter draws to a close, the local San Rafael Farmers’ Market is coming alive. Every Sunday, hundreds of farms, shops and stores from across...

Illustration by Ava Stephens
Ignorance breeds violence: we need diverse religious education
Beckett TudorApril 9, 2024

The United States has become one of the most diverse countries in the world. Through policies encouraging immigration and plentiful economic...

Rolling the dice: The harmful effects of sports betting promotions
Matthew KnauerApril 6, 2024

Nobody could have predicted the monumental impact of Murphy vs. National Collegiate Athletic Association in May 2018. Two and a half...

Girls’ varsity basketball shuts down Branson with strong defense

A strong defense was critical to a girls’ varsity basketball 46-36 win over Branson last night.

The Giants gave up few points all game but reached its peak in the fourth quarter where it held Branson to just five.

On the offensive side, Rachel Heller led with 14 points, followed by Ariella Rosenthal who had 11 points, seven of which were scored on a back-to-back-to-back run in the second quarter.

Coach Diane Peterson said that she believes their defense will carry them into a positive second half of the season.

“Everybody is in the middle of the pack right now,” said Peterson of the MCAL league. “We’re hoping to break away. The girls are hungry to get the teams that got us the first time around.”

The girls will play at 6 p.m. on Friday at game night against Terra Linda.