Utopia or Dystopia? The hidden history of Bay Area cults
Linnea Koblik and Tallulah Knill AllenJuly 12, 2024

Silhouetted against the sweeping landscapes of the Bay and the Marin Headlands, the Bay Area is well known for its position in the counterculture...

Public protests and perspectives
Public protests and perspectives
Ava Stephens, Gabriella Rouas, Aanika Sawhney, Nadia Massoumi and Grace GehrmanJune 29, 2024

Reflejando otra vez con los ELD seniors
Reflejando otra vez con los ELD seniors
Ava CarlsonJune 27, 2024

El año pasado, tuve la oportunidad de hablar con estudiantes del grado 12 en la clase de English Language Development (ELD) sobre sus experiencias...

Boys’ varsity basketball losing streak extends to five

The boys’ varsity basketball team’s struggles continued last night as Redwood fell to Drake, lengthening the Giants’ losing streak to five games.

Drake, who is undefeated and first in MCAL,  jumped on a sluggish Redwood defense from the start of the first quarter, and Redwood made a comeback in the second half, the gap was too large to overcome.

Senior and team captain Tyler Jacks said the team has struggled with putting points up in the first quarter throughout the season. Redwood missed their first four attempts, and Drake went to the sidelines up 25-8 at the end of the first.

“They got a lot of easy buckets, and we fell behind really quickly,” Jacks said.

Coach Steve Compagno made the adjustment at halftime to switch to a zone defense, and Redwood outscored Drake in both the third and fourth quarters.

“Their big men were dominating us, so we switched to a zone to stop that, and it worked very well,” Jacks said.

On the offensive side, the charge was led by Samson Donnick, senior, who scored 15 in the game and Joseph Compagno, who scored 11 and led the league in scoring prior to tonight’s game.

Despite dropping to 1-6, Jacks said that the team is optimistic about the rest of their schedule, which is comprised of teams, such as Novato and Branson, that are not as strong as Drake.