Sweet delights at San Rafael Farmers’ Market: Waffle Mania, Brittany Crêpes and KettlePop
Nick HartungApril 10, 2024

As winter draws to a close, the local San Rafael Farmers’ Market is coming alive. Every Sunday, hundreds of farms, shops and stores from across...

Illustration by Ava Stephens
Ignorance breeds violence: we need diverse religious education
Beckett TudorApril 9, 2024

The United States has become one of the most diverse countries in the world. Through policies encouraging immigration and plentiful economic...

Rolling the dice: The harmful effects of sports betting promotions
Matthew KnauerApril 6, 2024

Nobody could have predicted the monumental impact of Murphy vs. National Collegiate Athletic Association in May 2018. Two and a half...

Boys’ varsity basketball losing streak extends to five

The boys’ varsity basketball team’s struggles continued last night as Redwood fell to Drake, lengthening the Giants’ losing streak to five games.

Drake, who is undefeated and first in MCAL,  jumped on a sluggish Redwood defense from the start of the first quarter, and Redwood made a comeback in the second half, the gap was too large to overcome.

Senior and team captain Tyler Jacks said the team has struggled with putting points up in the first quarter throughout the season. Redwood missed their first four attempts, and Drake went to the sidelines up 25-8 at the end of the first.

“They got a lot of easy buckets, and we fell behind really quickly,” Jacks said.

Coach Steve Compagno made the adjustment at halftime to switch to a zone defense, and Redwood outscored Drake in both the third and fourth quarters.

“Their big men were dominating us, so we switched to a zone to stop that, and it worked very well,” Jacks said.

On the offensive side, the charge was led by Samson Donnick, senior, who scored 15 in the game and Joseph Compagno, who scored 11 and led the league in scoring prior to tonight’s game.

Despite dropping to 1-6, Jacks said that the team is optimistic about the rest of their schedule, which is comprised of teams, such as Novato and Branson, that are not as strong as Drake.