Construction students Taylor Bridges, Leila Fraschetti, Emmanuel Medina, Mary Coleman and John Kozubik (left to right) applaud their peers as they speak about their appreciation for their teachers and the resources they were provided.
Photo Essay: Redwood ROP Construction Program celebrates graduates
Isabelle DavisMay 23, 2024

On May 22, the Redwood Regional Occupational Program Construction Technology celebrated the graduation of 19 Redwood students and...

Marin’s Finest Fairways: Reviewing the best public golf courses
Hayden DonehowerMay 23, 2024

Tee up for an adventure in Marin County’s vibrant golf scene! Get ready to explore the fairways, traps and views of the best public golf courses....

Illustration by Cora Champommier
Paying the price of adopt vs. shop
Chloe JenningsMay 23, 2024

The American population is becoming increasingly aware of ethical considerations around pets. Buying a pet from a breeder versus adopting a pet...

Freshmen girls suffer home defeat to Ukiah High

The freshman girls’ basketball team lost a tough home game last Tuesday against the Ukiah Wildcats 46-10.

Ukiah dominated the game from the start, and used its defense and fast breaks to take a commanding lead.

Freshman Natalie Moorhedd dribbles past half court at the freshman girls basketball game, on Dec. 4, at the Redwood gym.

Ukiah opened the game with a full-court press, and the Giants had trouble scoring, only putting numbers on the scoreboard with three minutes left in the first quarter. Although these points got the Giants within two, it would be as close as they would get for the rest of the game.

At halftime, Ukiah led 31-8, and although Redwood’s defense did much better in the second half, the Giants were held to a single bucket, making any thoughts of a comeback disappear.

Freshman Natalie Moorhedd led Redwood with six points, but Ukiah had six players on the score sheet, and out-rebounded the Giants all game.

The team’s next game will be on Friday, Dec. 7 against Cardinal Newman.