Illustration by Elena Dillon
Child labor shapes the retail industry
Elena DillonApril 24, 2024

Teens worldwide are drawn to fashion as a way to express themselves, playing off their need to feel confident and boost their mood. These adolescents...

Illustrated by Storey Gerber
Stricter gun laws are the key to a safer future
Liam HealyApril 24, 2024

How many deaths does it take to spark a change? In today’s world, sadly it is commonplace to see school shootings, deaths by suicide and...

For the first time in over ten years, Redwood’s JV Lacrosse team beats St. Ignatius.
Evan WangApril 24, 2024

The Redwood junior varsity (JV) Lacrosse team has not beaten St. Ignatius College Preparatory High School (SI) in over ten years. On Friday,...

Club day activities interrupted by smoking solar panel inverter

Assistant+Principal%2C+Mr.+Pratt%2C+a+fireman%2C+a+police+man%2C+and+a+district+official+look+at+the+smoking+solar+panel+inverter+
Assistant Principal, Mr. Pratt, a fireman, a police man, and a district official look at the smoking solar panel inverter

Club day activities on Wednesday, Jan. 19 were interrupted by a PA announcement calling four students to the office.

The solar panel inverter was smoking, and the students were asked to move their cars from their spots in the front parking lot to allow the fire department access to the panels, saving their cars from potential ruin.

The solar panel inverter, along with production meter, is where the electrons from the solar panels are converted to power that is used by Redwood. Both the solar panel inverter and the production meter are connected to panels above parked cars.

Principal Sondheim and two administrators worked during lunch with the fire and police departments to clear students and cars from the area around the solar panels.

Engineer Roy Reyes of SunPower Corporation, the company that installed the solar panels at Redwood, stated that frequent rainstorms are most likely the main reason for the malfunction.

Throughout the past week, rainfall has been strong; Larkspur has been hit with 1.22 inches of water since Jan. 3, according to weatherunderground.com.

Principal Sondheim and the fire department declined to comment on the issue.