JV girls’ soccer opens season with a win

The girls’ junior varsity soccer team sparked the beginning of its season with a dominating 3-0 win against Branson, giving them a boost of confidence for their upcoming games.

With two goals in the first half, freshman Erica Nunez took a leading role in the offensive side of the game.

“I’m glad I had the chance to show my full potential in this game, and watching the other girls play brought me to strongly believe in this team’s capability to achieve our goals,” Nunez said.

After losing many players to varsity along with their previous coach, sophomore Annie Shelton was not sure what to expect of this game.

“This game was unpredictable due to not knowing many of the players strengths and weaknesses,” Shelton said. “But, to our advantage”, “our team works well together and all we can do from here is improve.”

The girls kept their rhythm and consistently stopped Branson’s offense.

A final goal by freshman Georgia Bennett extended the lead to three goals and put the game out of Branson’s reach.

The girls hope to build off their win and continue their high level of play against Terra Linda on Saturday, Dec. 5.