Car driving through massive flooding in Downtown Tiburon, Marin County (Photo courtesy of Sydney Johnson).
Coastal concerns: Marin county braces for impact of rising sea levels
Scarlett MusgroveApril 25, 2024

The average sea levels have increased by more than 8 inches since 1880, with roughly three of those inches being added in the past 25 years,...

Girls’ freshman volleyball remains strong toward the season’s upcoming end

On Friday, Oct. 23, the girls’ freshman volleyball team gained a well-deserved win against the Tam Hawks, ending with scores of 25-5 and 25-15.

Captain Olivia Cooke sets up teammate Caroline Marlowe for a strong hit from the center court.

After a tough loss against rival Marin Catholic, the girls were ready to bounce back.

“I felt really confident going into this game,” captain freshman Olivia Cooke said. “Our team works together as a family and as long as we stick together we can achieve all our goals.”

Starting as the first server, freshman Anna Campagno led the team with a 13 point streak from her powerful serves.

With little struggle, the girls won the first set and kept their heads high as they continued on to the second.

Freshman Mckenna McGonigle’s spikes from the left side and Cooke’s strong defensive blocks from the middle helped bring the team to an outstanding finish of winning both sets.

“I’m bittersweet about this season coming to an end,” McGonigle said. “But overall, I’m proud we have had such a great time throughout it.”

The girls hope to end their season with a win against Branson on Tuesday, Oct. 27.