Dual sport athletes use track to sprint ahead
Lucy Miller, Cub Reporter • April 26, 2024

For kids who hope to play sports at the highest level possible, sports specialization seems like the only option, even when professionals...

In my raised backyard garden, kale flourishes in bright light and will grow back from its stump every season.
Spring gardening guide: Crops for your backyard
Taylor AllanApril 25, 2024

Spring is finally upon us, and with that comes the joys of gardening and preparing fresh food from your backyard. Maintaining your own garden...

Abortion pill now available at CVS and Walgreens
Gabrielle FranklinApril 25, 2024

In March, Walgreens and CVS Pharmacy, two of the largest pharmaceutical companies in the United States, began selling abortion pills. The sale...

Boys’ varsity volleyball advances to MCAL finals

The boys’ varsity volleyball team surged a comeback victory over El Molino in their MCAL playoff semi-final Wednesday night at Redwood.

After falling behind 2-0, the Giants won the final three sets to advance to the championship on Friday against Drake.

“We kind of started looking ahead at Drake, which obviously was a big mistake because El Molino came out firing,” senior Sean Stauffer said. “Our first game, we weren’t really in it, and the second game we played nervous.”

Second seeded Redwood had beaten third seeded El Molino 3-0 both times in their two regular season games. However, El Molino won the first set 25-21 and the second 25-13.

“We came out and our intensity was pretty low,” senior Geffen Hochschild said. “It can happen with the team, and I’m glad it changed.”

After the second set, Redwood made several defensive adjustments, which lead to their 25-17, 25-17, and 15-11 victories.

Hochschild lead Redwood with 42 assists to go along with 25 kills from Jacob Zazzeron.  Stauffer also had 11 kills and six blocks, and sophomore Andrew Lupario had 21 digs.

With the win, Redwood plays for the MCAL Championship against Drake tonight at 7:00 at College of Marin.