Freshman Haley Boyarski extends her arms to block a spike (Photo courtesy of Kim Wagner)
Setting the standard: Positivity in beach volleyball
Caroline VeleyMay 1, 2024

As the warm Spring weather approaches, many indoor volleyball players look for an alternative sport to fill their schedule while enjoying the...

Starting at Oracle Park, Solle fires a fastball towards home plate. Photo by Graham Weir.
Sports Spotlight: The Solle show
Jake PostMay 1, 2024

Rex Solle is a familiar name among Redwood students and local baseball fans. As a senior, the varsity baseball player is looking to add to his...

Illustration by Natalie Vinogradsky
Leveling the playing field: Equality for girls' basketball
Paige EdelenApril 30, 2024

Every year, the Marin County Athletic League (MCAL) championship boys’ basketball game occurs, attracting crowds from all over Marin. Students,...

Athletes win MCAL All-League awards

The+team+poses+with+the+North+Coast+Section+finals+pennant+after+their+big+win.+
The team poses with the North Coast Section finals pennant after their big win.

As Redwood wrapped up an exciting season, the Marin County Athletic League finished announcing its 2014 fall sports All-League awards this week, with a handful going to Redwood athletes, including four Player of the Year titles.

Junior Andy Ehrenberg and sophomore Glennis Murphy won Runners of the Year. Between boys’ and girls’ cross country, four additional runners on First Team and six on Second Team also received recognition.

MCAL named senior Giorgio Cico its Player of the Year in boys’ water polo, and two players received First Team awards and two players Second Team awards. This season the boys’ team earned both the MCAL pennant and the NCS championship. On the girls’ team, one player received recognition on Second Team.

A final Player of the Year award went to senior Bailey Osborn of girls’ volleyball, following the girls’ winning of the NCS pennant after a loss at MCAL finals. An award also went out in each additional level.

In addition, Redwood football ended with a total of nine awards, girls’ tennis six, boys’ soccer seven, and girls’ golf four.