Construction students Taylor Bridges, Leila Fraschetti, Emmanuel Medina, Mary Coleman and John Kozubik (left to right) applaud their peers as they speak about their appreciation for their teachers and the resources they were provided.
Photo Essay: Redwood ROP Construction Program celebrates graduates
Isabelle DavisMay 23, 2024

On May 22, the Redwood Regional Occupational Program Construction Technology celebrated the graduation of 19 Redwood students and...

Marin’s Finest Fairways: Reviewing the best public golf courses
Hayden DonehowerMay 23, 2024

Tee up for an adventure in Marin County’s vibrant golf scene! Get ready to explore the fairways, traps and views of the best public golf courses....

Illustration by Cora Champommier
Paying the price of adopt vs. shop
Chloe JenningsMay 23, 2024

The American population is becoming increasingly aware of ethical considerations around pets. Buying a pet from a breeder versus adopting a pet...

Halloween contest impresses for fifteenth straight year

The 15th annual Halloween costume contest was held Friday, Oct. 31, in the gym as students competed for best costume in a number of different categories.

The categories included “Most Creative,” “Scariest,” “Best Group,” “Best Homemade,” and “Funniest.”

P.E. teacher Mike Dibley hosted the contest that started off with a competition among the staff. English teacher Erin Schneider and social studies teacher Stephen Hart won as Liesel and Friedrich von Trapp, respectively.

Junior Cale Smith won the award for “Most Creative” with his costume of a vertically challenged surfer. The “Scariest” award was given to junior Matthew Moser, one of two scary clowns who made an appearance in the competition.

The award for “Best Group” went to the Special Education class, who honored the late Redwood alumnus Robin Williams by dressing as an array of characters from his most popular movies. The Special Education class continued their streak of victories by taking the trophy for the fifth consecutive year.

Halloween copy
The Special Education class presents their costume, a tribute to Robin Williams.

Dibley said he appreciated the quality of the costumes at this year’s contest.

“Even though we had fewer participants due to the Giants parade, I thought the costumes were fantastic,” Dibley said. “They were all very creative.”