Artificial Inteligence : The effect on our generation

After long hours of lectures in class, a science lab to complete, sports practice and extracurriculars, that one math assignment may just be...

Out of stock label teacher drawing
Indah HerzenbergApril 24, 2024

“In the US, there is a projected shortage of over 100,000 teachers by 2024,” stated Simbli, a company that helps to improve school districts...

Halloween contest impresses for fifteenth straight year

The 15th annual Halloween costume contest was held Friday, Oct. 31, in the gym as students competed for best costume in a number of different categories.

The categories included “Most Creative,” “Scariest,” “Best Group,” “Best Homemade,” and “Funniest.”

P.E. teacher Mike Dibley hosted the contest that started off with a competition among the staff. English teacher Erin Schneider and social studies teacher Stephen Hart won as Liesel and Friedrich von Trapp, respectively.

Junior Cale Smith won the award for “Most Creative” with his costume of a vertically challenged surfer. The “Scariest” award was given to junior Matthew Moser, one of two scary clowns who made an appearance in the competition.

The award for “Best Group” went to the Special Education class, who honored the late Redwood alumnus Robin Williams by dressing as an array of characters from his most popular movies. The Special Education class continued their streak of victories by taking the trophy for the fifth consecutive year.

Halloween copy
The Special Education class presents their costume, a tribute to Robin Williams.

Dibley said he appreciated the quality of the costumes at this year’s contest.

“Even though we had fewer participants due to the Giants parade, I thought the costumes were fantastic,” Dibley said. “They were all very creative.”