Utopia or Dystopia? The hidden history of Bay Area cults
Linnea Koblik and Tallulah Knill AllenJuly 12, 2024

Silhouetted against the sweeping landscapes of the Bay and the Marin Headlands, the Bay Area is well known for its position in the counterculture...

Public protests and perspectives
Public protests and perspectives
Ava Stephens, Gabriella Rouas, Aanika Sawhney, Nadia Massoumi and Grace GehrmanJune 29, 2024

Reflejando otra vez con los ELD seniors
Reflejando otra vez con los ELD seniors
Ava CarlsonJune 27, 2024

El año pasado, tuve la oportunidad de hablar con estudiantes del grado 12 en la clase de English Language Development (ELD) sobre sus experiencias...

Max’s Pig ‘n’ Pie serves up flavorful food on four wheels

Across the creek right outside of Redwood’s back parking lot is a food truck that offers a great lunch option just a few minutes’ walking distance away from the school.

During Thursday lunches, everyone is looking for a place to grab some quick, delicious food, and Max’s Pig ‘n’ Pie BBQ is the perfect place to do so.

A PULLED PORK sandwich with a side of beans sits atop an outdoor table at Max’s Pig ‘n’ Pie BBQ. This food truck is located between building 400 and 500 at the Tamal Vista office complex from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. on Thursdays.

Every Thursday from 11 a.m. to 2:30 p.m, the food truck is parked outside a group of office building complexes across the Corte Madera Creek, no more than five minutes walking distance from the entrance to the school’s back parking lot.

The truck specializes in barbecue food and has a limited menu, serving only six items other than drinks.

The pulled pork sandwich, their most popular item, is delicious. The sandwich and the beans that it comes with are both very flavorful, and the bread is soft and warm as if it is fresh out of the oven.

The sandwich, which is ten dollars, was definitely not overpriced based on the quality of the meal, especially because it comes with sides. Additionally, the food truck gives two dollars off the meal to every Redwood student.

The pulled pork sandwich is a perfect amount of food for most hungry students—enough to satisfy a large appetite for the rest of the day.

Not only is the food great, but the service is impressive. The owner, Max Hill, is quick to engage in a conversation with anyone waiting in line.

The people preparing the food are very friendly as well, and the food is ready quickly after ordering.

The tables set up in between the buildings, as well as the small field of grass right by the truck, offer relaxing places to sit and eat before heading back to school.

Although the truck is only in this location on Thursdays at lunchtime, it is located in other places around Marin on other days throughout the week, including Larkspur Landing from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. on Mondays.

The food is original and enjoyable and the kind, engaging owner and cooks definitely contribute to the welcoming atmosphere around the truck.