Sweet delights at San Rafael Farmers’ Market: Waffle Mania, Brittany Crêpes and KettlePop
Nick HartungApril 10, 2024

As winter draws to a close, the local San Rafael Farmers’ Market is coming alive. Every Sunday, hundreds of farms, shops and stores from across...

Illustration by Ava Stephens
Ignorance breeds violence: we need diverse religious education
Beckett TudorApril 9, 2024

The United States has become one of the most diverse countries in the world. Through policies encouraging immigration and plentiful economic...

Rolling the dice: The harmful effects of sports betting promotions
Matthew KnauerApril 6, 2024

Nobody could have predicted the monumental impact of Murphy vs. National Collegiate Athletic Association in May 2018. Two and a half...

The Weeknd comes to San Francisco

The Weeknd comes to San Francisco

On Saturday evening, Abel Tesfaye, better known as The Weeknd, emerged from backstage with a beam of light illuminating his silhouette, ready to begin performing some of his PBR&B tunes.

The evening began with the General Admission rush to find a spot, with 7,000 spectators lined up outside the Bill Graham Civic Auditorium in San Francisco. The line wound around the block hours before the concert began, with throngs hoping for a spot close to the stage.

The concert opened with Jhené Aiko, singing a selection from her new album, “Souled Out,”and was followed by an enthusiastic performance by Schoolboy Q, performing songs from his top selling album, “Oxymoron.”

Following a short intermission and set change, the theater went dark as The Weeknd stepped out from behind the media set. Walking towards the microphone, dressed in all black attire with a military style cargo vest and his interesting hairdo, he addressed the eager audience and started with a hit from his 2012 album, “Trilogy,What You Need”.

By performing a variety of songs from his released albums, “Trilogy”and “Kissland,” The Weeknd raised the audience’s anticipation before performing his last, most popular three songs, “Wicked Games,” “Or Nah,” and as encore, “Often.

The audience raised their lighters in the air and sang along to the final three, their voices growing hoarse after belting out the lyrics throughout the evening.

This concert concludes The Weeknd’s “King of the Fall” tour.