Is hookup culture progressive or detrimental?
Jamie GlennonApril 26, 2024

“Sex, because it is such a vulnerable thing, can open up all of these tender and vulnerable parts of us. Those who don’t have a strong and...

Boba bliss: discovering Marin Countys finest bubble tea destinations
Boba bliss: discovering Marin County's finest bubble tea destinations
Kai GaultierApril 26, 2024

In Marin County, where natural beauty meets great food, boba shops add to the culinary charm. In this review, I’ll explore the numerous boba...

Dual sport athletes use track to sprint ahead
Lucy MillerApril 26, 2024

For kids who hope to play sports at the highest level possible, sports specialization seems like the only option, even when professionals...

Boys’ varsity water polo sinks against Drake

The boys’ varsity water polo team lost to rival Drake 10-8 in Tuesday night’s anticipated match-up at Redwood.

Drake’s deep lineup and ability to rotate players in to stay fresh proved to be effective against the Giants. With First Team All-League senior Brandon West sidelined due to injury, Redwood was left weaker on defense.

“The game could have gone either way,” head coach Rudy Kardos said. “Right now it looks like we are the number one and two seeds.”

By the end of the first quarter, senior Abe Massik matched the Pirates’ two goals with two of his own, but Drake gained an 8-4 lead entering halftime. In the second half, senior goalie Grayson Noyes allowed just two goals, and although Redwood’s consistent scoring minimized their deficit, it was not enough to win.

Massik finished the game with a team-high three goals, to go along with two goals from senior Giorgio Cico.  Seniors Joe Matthews, Travis Burroughs, and Cole Donnelly also scored.

Although Redwood and Drake will not play each other again in the regular season, Kardos is confident they will meet in the MCAL Championship.

“This game has very little consequence with the end of the year,” he said. “All the other games on the way there are practice games.  There are no other opponents this year that are challenges.”

Redwood’s next game is at home on Oct. 2 against San Rafael.