Dual sport athletes use track to sprint ahead
Lucy Miller, Cub Reporter • April 26, 2024

For kids who hope to play sports at the highest level possible, sports specialization seems like the only option, even when professionals...

In my raised backyard garden, kale flourishes in bright light and will grow back from its stump every season.
Spring gardening guide: Crops for your backyard
Taylor AllanApril 25, 2024

Spring is finally upon us, and with that comes the joys of gardening and preparing fresh food from your backyard. Maintaining your own garden...

Abortion pill now available at CVS and Walgreens
Gabrielle FranklinApril 25, 2024

In March, Walgreens and CVS Pharmacy, two of the largest pharmaceutical companies in the United States, began selling abortion pills. The sale...

Girls’ and boys’ track face mixed results at recent meet

The Redwood track team gathered on the edge of the 90 degree turf after concluding the quad-meet against rival schools Branson, San Rafael, and Novato on Wednesday, April 30.

Scoring the most the points in all but one category, the girls’ varsity team emerged victorious in the entire meet. The boys‘ varsity team swept San Rafael and Branson but sadly fell to Novato.

“Novato is a really good team, especially when you go head-to-head, but at MCALs we should be set to go.” said senior Fred Huxham.

Huxham, a recent commit to the University of Washington, was one of Redwoods top contributors of the day, placing first in the varsity boys’ 800-meter run, 1600-Meter run and 3200-meter run. Senior Lindsay Hendrickson also proved herself very successful with wins in the Varsity Girls’ long jump, triple jump and 100 Meter Dash events.

The team’s next meet will be held in Mill Valley on May 8th, against Drake and Tam.