Sweet delights at San Rafael Farmers’ Market: Waffle Mania, Brittany Crêpes and KettlePop
Nick HartungApril 10, 2024

As winter draws to a close, the local San Rafael Farmers’ Market is coming alive. Every Sunday, hundreds of farms, shops and stores from across...

Illustration by Ava Stephens
Ignorance breeds violence: we need diverse religious education
Beckett TudorApril 9, 2024

The United States has become one of the most diverse countries in the world. Through policies encouraging immigration and plentiful economic...

Rolling the dice: The harmful effects of sports betting promotions
Matthew KnauerApril 6, 2024

Nobody could have predicted the monumental impact of Murphy vs. National Collegiate Athletic Association in May 2018. Two and a half...

Varsity football team fails to make up second half deficit to Novato

VARSITY+FOOTBALL+begins+their+first+series+in+a+game+against+Novato%2C+Oct.+26.+
VARSITY FOOTBALL begins their first series in a game against Novato, Oct. 26.

Saturday afternoon at Novato High School, Redwood’s varsity football team lost to the Novato Hornets 31-22 during Novato’s Homecoming festivities.

Novato’s two touchdowns in the first quarter foreshadowed the tone of the first half in which the team scored 31 points.

While Novato excelled in the first half, Redwood rallied during the second, shutting Novato out and scoring 16 additional points of their own.

During the first half, Redwood’s only score was a deep ball from number five, Aaron Dorfler, to number 28, Liam Raz, for a touchdown, making the score 21-6 with 3:25 left in the second quarter.

On third down with five yards to go, shortly after Redwood scored a touchdown and a field goal, Novato attempted a long 45-yard pass, but Redwood’s number 24, Liam Bourke, picked it off and returned it for a touchdown with 10:27 left in the fourth quarter, leaving the score at 31-22.

Right as Redwood prepared to score another touchdown with less than six minutes left in the game, Novato intercepted the ball in the end zone. The game ended shortly after as Novato ran out the clock on Redwood’s 22-yard line.