What it means to be a Giant
What it means to be a Giant
Gil LadetzkyJune 22, 2024

In fifth grade, I attended my first-ever Redwood basketball game. It was a rainy Thursday night in a gym packed with energetic students. As I...

18 and voting? Here is what to know for the 2024 Primaries

When you turn 18 and become eligible to vote, the opportunity to participate in our democracy can be exciting, but also daunting. Here, you will find information about what is on the 2024 Primary Ballot, where to turn it in and essential facts about your rights and responsibilities as an adult.

What you need to know:

To vote in the 2024 Primary election in California, you must be a U.S. Citizen living in California, at least 18 years old, not currently serving a felony conviction, not presently found incompetent and registered to vote. If you are not yet registered to vote, you can receive a provisional ballot and the state will later determine whether or not you are eligible to vote.

It is important to note every ballot has a different set of Presidential candidates based on which party you pre-registered with. When you check in at a polling station or vote center, ask the worker for a ballot featuring the presidential candidates of the American Independent, Democratic or Libertarian parties. However, for the Green, Peace and Freedom or Republican parties, you must pre-register for those parties and obtain a mail-in ballot.

For this election, the ballot will include candidates for the President, U.S. Senate, U.S. House of Representatives, District 12 State Assembly Member and District 2 County Supervisor race and three measures for voters to decide on.