Gazing across the array of trucks, one customer searches for their cuisine of choice.
SoMa StrEat Food Park: Family-friendly dining steps away from your favorite stadiums
Zoe GisterApril 26, 2024

Nestled within Mission Bay, San Francisco runs a food court like no other. SoMa StrEat Food Park presents an opportunity to truly experience...

Tony Harvey: The face behind the scoreboard
Tessa TuatiniApril 26, 2024

Those who attend the many sporting events here may not think about the work behind the scoreboard. However, behind the ever-changing numbers...

Bowl from Juice Girl, topped with sweet fruit and coconut flakes
Exploring the Açai scene: A taste of Marins’ most popular spots
Hilah Brekhus-LavinskyApril 26, 2024

After the brutal loss of Corte Madera’s Ohana Açaí Cafe, students desperately search for the next best option to satisfy their intense açaí...

Boys’ water polo wins Pinole Valley tournament

Boys’ varsity water polo won their second and final tournament of the regular season last weekend.

After coming home with gold from the Pinole Valley Water Polo Tournament, the team has improved their record to 18-3 overall.

The team played four games at the tournament, winning the championship game 9-4 over James Logan High School.

Tom Cavanaugh, a senior team captain, attributed the team’s success to a few factors.  He said that there are a few players coming up from last year’s JV squad who have been playing year round and are now major contributors.

Cavanaugh also said the team has been attempting to come out fast at the start, putting up quick points in the first few minutes.  The few times Redwood has failed to do so, they have not fared so well, according to Cavanaugh.

“If we look at our more challenging games, we kind of made some mistakes and didn’t have the intensity coming out in the first quarter,” Cavanaugh said.  “They take an inch, and go a mile.”

The team’s top scorers so far this season are junior Giorgio Cico, senior Tom Cavanaugh, and junior Brandon West.

Cavanaugh, once a goalie himself, also said he felt junior Grayson Noyes, the team’s current goalie, has performed exceptionally.

“I’d say Grayson is the best goalie in the league, by far,” Cavanaugh said.

The team is in their second to last week of the season, before beginning their quest for MCAL and NCS placement.

Cavanaugh said the team expects a strong seeding in both tournaments because of their performance earlier in the season as well.