Car driving through massive flooding in Downtown Tiburon, Marin County (Photo courtesy of Sydney Johnson).
Coastal concerns: Marin county braces for impact of rising sea levels
Scarlett MusgroveApril 25, 2024

The average sea levels have increased by more than 8 inches since 1880, with roughly three of those inches being added in the past 25 years,...

October brings in Socktober

With winter’s cold weather on its way, Leadership is sponsoring a sock drive. The socks will be donated to the Ritter House in San Rafael in an effort to help the homeless stay warm this winter.

According to leadership advisers Jennifer Madden and David Plescia, Drake High School recently challenged Redwood to see which school could collect the most socks. The idea arose from a video posted by 10-year-old Youtube sensation Kid President, who challenged schools to collect socks for homeless shelters.

Any type of socks can be donated as long as they are new.

Plescia said the drive will likely end on Monday, Nov. 4. Until then, students can put socks in the shoeboxes in their homeroom classes.

The Ritter House will distribute the socks to the homeless across Marin County.