What it means to be a Giant
What it means to be a Giant
Gil LadetzkyJune 22, 2024

In fifth grade, I attended my first-ever Redwood basketball game. It was a rainy Thursday night in a gym packed with energetic students. As I...

Sausalito’s 36th annual Winterfest celebrates with lighted boat parade and fireworks

On Saturday, Dec. 9, Sausalito marked its 36th annual Winterfest with a spectacular kickoff featuring the much-anticipated lighted boat parade and a dazzling fireworks display. Over 60 boats participated in the parade, adorning their vessels with enchanting holiday decorations and lights. As each boat passed the Sausalito Yacht Club, a panel of judges rated their decorations and lights. Once all the boats had passed and were judged, fireworks began to light up the night sky. Despite the chilly weather, a sizable crowd, numbering in the hundreds, congregated along the shoreline at Gabrielson Park, captivated by the dazzling boat show and the spectacular fireworks. Hundreds of others watched from across Sausalito or inside the warm, surrounding restaurants. Vendors and food trucks also attended the event, offering delicious snacks and treats, adding to the Winterfest experience for attendees.

The lighted boat parade and fireworks were made possible through the efforts and funding of the non-profit organization, Sausalito on the Waterfront Foundation. This foundation extends its support not only to the parade and fireworks but also to later holiday celebrations, including the captain’s after party on Saturday night, and the upcoming Jingle Bell 5K followed by a brunch on Sunday morning.