Cora Champommier June 15, 2024

Riley Peterson and Caitlin Shaver eat together as they discuss what they will be doing at the graduation practice.
Redwood seniors celebrate their last day of school
Lauren Poulin June 12, 2024

On Wednesday, June 12th, Redwood seniors joined together in the Covered Eating Area (CEA) to celebrate the end of their senior year before...

April 18, 1906: Catalyst for SF homelessness
June 11, 2024

April 18, 1906 was an early morning San Francisco. At 5:12 a.m. the city experienced an earthquake with 7.9 magnitude, killing over 3,000 people....

Photo Essay: Redwood defeats San Ramon Valley in a close battle

On Dec. 5, the regular season basketball game between the Redwood High School Giants and the San Ramon Valley (SRV) Wolves took place at Phil Roark Stadium. To kick off the game, the starting five, consisting of seniors Jake Vasquez, Gil Ladtzy, BJ Fisher and juniors Brennan Wooley and Mason Garbo, walked out and shook hands with their teammates for the introduction. Jake Vasquez won the jump ball against SRV. The Giants had a challenging start, with SRV securing some easy layups. Junior point guard Noah Tanaka emerged as a key player, contributing significantly to the Giants’ progress. In tandem with Noah, point guard Jake Vasquez made multiple three-pointers to gradually narrow the score gap in the first half.

During halftime, cheer dances and a shoot-out game ensued, with sophomore Dylan McGrath winning $100 after successfully making a layup, free throw and an impressive half-court shot. In the second half, the Giants continued their determined efforts to outscore the Wolves. Both Brennan Woodley and BJ Fisher executed aggressive drives to the basket, resulting in free throws that aided the Giants in securing the victory. The game concluded with a score of 62-52, maintaining the Giants’ undefeated streak at 4-0.

Concentrating on his shot, Senior BJ Fisher holds eye contact with the basketball hoop to make his free throw.