Freshman Haley Boyarski extends her arms to block a spike (Photo courtesy of Kim Wagner)
Setting the standard: Positivity in beach volleyball
Caroline VeleyMay 1, 2024

As the warm Spring weather approaches, many indoor volleyball players look for an alternative sport to fill their schedule while enjoying the...

Starting at Oracle Park, Solle fires a fastball towards home plate. Photo by Graham Weir.
Sports Spotlight: The Solle show
Jake PostMay 1, 2024

Rex Solle is a familiar name among Redwood students and local baseball fans. As a senior, the varsity baseball player is looking to add to his...

Illustration by Natalie Vinogradsky
Leveling the playing field: Equality for girls' basketball
Paige EdelenApril 30, 2024

Every year, the Marin County Athletic League (MCAL) championship boys’ basketball game occurs, attracting crowds from all over Marin. Students,...

Photo Essay: Girls’ tennis slices up the competition with a dominating win vs. MC

On Wednesday, Sept. 20, the girls’ varsity tennis team dominated their match against Marin Catholic (MC), winning with a clean 7-0 sweep. The Giant’s are clearly hitting their stride as this is the second straight sweep going along with their 7-0 victory over Terra Linda last week. The match consisted of three doubles matches and four singles matches. Senior Annesly Krawitt and junior Livia Klompus gave the Giants an early lead as they won their sets 6-2 and 6-0. This was quickly backed up by juniors Molly Gallagher and Gwenn Ricordel who won their sets 6-0 and 6-1. Finally, the doubles matches ended with a thrilling close game and ultimately a Giants victory by Harriet Condos and junior Audrey Markovich, who won 6-4 and 7-5.

In singles, junior Ella Povio swept her opponent, winning 6-0 in both sets. This was followed up by two more commanding victories for the Giants as junior Julia Laury won her sets 6-1 and 6-0 and Leila Fraschetti won her sets 6-2 and 6-1. Finally, the day ended with Redwood’s No. 1 player junior Jordan Marotto defeating MC’s No. 1 player Maya Mosher to complete the sweep for Redwood. The Giant’s hope to continue their dominance as they are set to play Novato High School on Sept. 21.