Artificial Inteligence : The effect on our generation

After long hours of lectures in class, a science lab to complete, sports practice and extracurriculars, that one math assignment may just be...

Out of stock label teacher drawing
Indah HerzenbergApril 24, 2024

“In the US, there is a projected shortage of over 100,000 teachers by 2024,” stated Simbli, a company that helps to improve school districts...

Oracle Team USA wins America’s Cup

The world’s most prominent sailing race came to an end in the San Francisco Bay last week with Team USA’s boat keeping the oldest international sailing trophy.

Oracle Team USA celebrates on its way to the dock after winning the America’s Cup.

Oracle Team USA defended the 34th America’s Cup title after challenging Emirates Team New Zealand to a record of 19 races.

After being down 8-1 just 10 days before the final race on Sept. 25, Oracle came back to win the cup in a heroic fashion.

See final day photos of the America’s Cup

To win the America’s Cup, a team must be the first to win nine races. However, due to Oracle’s illegally modified boat in the 2012 AC45 World Series, the first two American wins were taken away. This made the starting score -2-0 and meant that Oracle had to win 11 races to get the trophy while New Zealand only had to win nine.

When the final race started, New Zealand was ahead but the faster American boat took the lead at the downwind mark. Oracle Team USA maintained the lead all the way to the finish and beat New Zealand by over 40 seconds.

They were greeted at the finish line by a fireboat spraying its hoses into the water while the crew members waved at fans and docked the boat. Spectators on the water followed the team to the dock.

With the races now over, Oracle team owner, Larry Ellison, will announce where the next America’s Cup will be held in four years.