Supporting the class of 2025 is yummy for your tummy

Ella Erwig

On Monday, Feb. 13, the sophomore class held a fundraiser at Gott’s Roadside in Greenbrae’s Bon Air Shopping Center. It was a “dine and donate” fundraiser, where 10 percent of proceeds from all of Monday’s customers went to the Class of 2025. 

The restaurant was filled with many kinds of people, from families going out to dinner to children after their sports practices to Redwood students going to support their school. 

Junior Lucy Bodle talked about supporting her school while spending time with friends.

“Although it wasn’t my class hosting the fundraiser, [I] still get to support my school just by going and having dinner,” Bodle said. 

Enjoying their food, sophomores Larkin Moffett and Audrey Markovich support their class.

Sophomore class president Anna Youngs talked about the purpose of the fundraiser.

“We’re always looking for opportunities to raise money for our future prom and other class events that we put on. [It’s important to] raise money to do fun things [for our class],” Youngs said.

Bodle also discussed how the fundraiser allowed her to have fun while supporting the Class of 2025.

“Gott’s has a really [community-like] feel to it, so it’s fun to know that everyone around you is working to support the school whether they know it or not. It’s also fun to just go and eat with your friends,” Bodle said. 

Youngs adds on to how “dine and donate” fundraisers bring the community together and how that raises more money.

“It’s definitely more fun to go with your friends and family, you can just go and have a good time. Then there’s obviously the bonus that you’re supporting our class. It helps that Gott’s is such a [community-like] place because it’s [so] fun and makes people want to go,” Youngs said.

Make sure to check out future “dine and donate” fundraisers hosted by the leadership class to enjoy food with your friends and support the school!