Riley Peterson and Caitlin Shaver eat together as they discuss what they will be doing at the graduation practice.
Redwood seniors celebrate their last day of school
Lauren PoulinJune 12, 2024

On Wednesday, June 12th, Redwood seniors joined together in the Covered Eating Area (CEA) to celebrate the end of their senior year before...

Giants season ticket holders deal with raised prices for 2013

It is going to cost more to see the San Francisco Giants at AT&T Park this year.
Given that the Giants have won two World Series in the past three years, it is no surprise that both regular and season ticket prices have increased by more than seven percent for the 2013 season.
The average starting price of single tickets for 20 different seats, spanning from cheap seats such as bleachers to expensive seats like the Dugout Club, increased to $57.00 this year from $52.91 in 2012.  The average price of season tickets for this same array of seats increased to $4,611.67 this year from $4,311.67 in 2012.

SIMONEBIGMITWEB

According to Russ Stanley, the Managing Vice President of ticket sales and services for the Giants, the price increase is justified.
“It’s really supply and demand,” Stanley wrote in an email interview.  “Supply stayed constant, yet demand, after winning two World Series in three years, is off the chart. Thus prices increase. We anticipate selling out every game again in the 2013 season.”
Redwood students’ reactions to the price increases were mixed.
Sophomore Annabel Judd said that the prices were too expensive because one has to spend money on gas and other expenses just to get there.
However, freshman Zach Kopstein said he thinks the tickets are still worth it.
“Obviously I don’t like it, but since they just won the World Series and have sold out every home game, they definitely won’t lose any fans,” Kopstein said.  “Personally, I still think I’ll go to the same number of games this year.”