Sophomore Mimi Wood darts toward the goal holding the ball.
Girls’ varsity lacrosse conquers Terra Linda in blowout match
Larkin MoffettMarch 26, 2024

On March 26, the girls’ varsity lacrosse team went head-to-head with Terra Linda High School (TL) in a blowout Marin County Athletic League...

Incoming juniors and seniors can simultaneously take a history course and Advanced Placement African American Studies (Photo by Lauren Poulin).
Diverse perspectives: Redwood set to launch Advanced Placement African American Studies
Emily GarciaMarch 26, 2024

Beginning in the 2024-25 school year, the Advanced Placement (AP) African American Studies course will officially be launched and offered...

Meet the Captains: Spring sports
Meet the Captains: Spring sports
Julia Delsol, Emily Block, and Mason GarboMarch 26, 2024

Dear [Name of Customer], by Julia Delsol

Giants season ticket holders deal with raised prices for 2013

It is going to cost more to see the San Francisco Giants at AT&T Park this year.
Given that the Giants have won two World Series in the past three years, it is no surprise that both regular and season ticket prices have increased by more than seven percent for the 2013 season.
The average starting price of single tickets for 20 different seats, spanning from cheap seats such as bleachers to expensive seats like the Dugout Club, increased to $57.00 this year from $52.91 in 2012.  The average price of season tickets for this same array of seats increased to $4,611.67 this year from $4,311.67 in 2012.

SIMONEBIGMITWEB

According to Russ Stanley, the Managing Vice President of ticket sales and services for the Giants, the price increase is justified.
“It’s really supply and demand,” Stanley wrote in an email interview.  “Supply stayed constant, yet demand, after winning two World Series in three years, is off the chart. Thus prices increase. We anticipate selling out every game again in the 2013 season.”
Redwood students’ reactions to the price increases were mixed.
Sophomore Annabel Judd said that the prices were too expensive because one has to spend money on gas and other expenses just to get there.
However, freshman Zach Kopstein said he thinks the tickets are still worth it.
“Obviously I don’t like it, but since they just won the World Series and have sold out every home game, they definitely won’t lose any fans,” Kopstein said.  “Personally, I still think I’ll go to the same number of games this year.”