Meet the Captains: Spring sports
Meet the Captains: Spring sports
Julia Delsol, Emily Block, and Mason GarboMarch 26, 2024

Dear [Name of Customer], by Julia Delsol

Track team excels in early season

The track team racked up three more wins for it’s so far undefeated record in the MCAL conference on March 14.

With the recent successes over Branson, Novato and San Rafael, the team’s record is now 5-0, as the middle of the season approaches.

Senior Megan Bordes, who also runs the 1600m, placed first in the 800m, with a time of 2 minutes and 27 seconds.Senior Kyle Ryan, another 1600m runner, has placed first in the MCAL meet, running the mile in 4 minutes and 40 seconds.

Along with outstanding distance runners, the team proved its skill sets in various events.

Junior Jackson Cooney has led the team’s pole vault, placing first with a score of 12 feet 4 inches. Junior Lindsay Hendrickson won the long jump, leaping past her opponents with a jump of 16 feet and 3 inches.

The track team has competed in several invitational meets as well as MCALs. The team competed in the Skyline Invitational in Oakland on March 2, and plans to have top performers participate in the Stanford Invitational on March 29 and March 30.

Some individuals on the team, such as senior Alexa Bacchus, are planning on continuing their track successes after high school.

Bacchus has been a top performer in events such as the triple jump and plans to continue track at a collegiate level at Wesleyan University.

The team’s next MCAL meet is next month at Terra Linda on April 18. Redwood will be facing Terra Linda and rival Marin Catholic.